Looking for information on the late treasure hunter, Timothy L. Watkins

TheStoryTeller

Greenie
Jan 10, 2022
Hey everyone! I'm looking for information on a man named Timothy Watkins. a former treasure hunter who retired to Ocala, FL, in the late '70s. His wife was named Louise and he was survived by his son, James Robert Watkins. He co-owned a company called Marine Explorations, with Olin Frick, and also owned Haitian Marble Corporation, which was located at 4000 SW 6th Ave. in Ocala. He passed away in 1988.

I really want to know about his time with Marine Explorations and aside from a quick blurb about him in Burt Webber's biography, there isn't much information out there. I am also struggling to make contact witj possible relatives of his. If you have any information, please post here or email me at [email protected]. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you!

JT

Mar 14, 2005
Johns Island, South Carolina
Hey everyone! I'm looking for information on a man named Timothy Watkins. a former treasure hunter who retired to Ocala, FL, in the late '70s. His wife was named Louise and he was survived by his son, James Robert Watkins. He co-owned a company called Marine Explorations, with Olin Frick, and also owned Haitian Marble Corporation, which was located at 4000 SW 6th Ave. in Ocala. He passed away in 1988.

I really want to know about his time with Marine Explorations and aside from a quick blurb about him in Burt Webber's biography, there isn't much information out there. I am also struggling to make contact witj possible relatives of his. If you have any information, please post here or email me at [email protected]. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you!
Post this in the Shipwreck Forum, I think you’ll get more responses.

Reactions: ARC

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could this be him ??

Timothy Louiser Watkins Sr.​

Birth 17 Jan 1894
Florida, USA
Death 16 Jun 1974 (aged 80)
Miami-Dade County, Florida, USA
Burial
Miami Memorial Park Cemetery
Miami, Miami-Dade County, Florida, USA Memorial ID 130941081 · View Source

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure Salvors, Inc., a Corporation and Armada Researchcorp., a Corporation, Plaintiffs-appellees, v. the Unidentified Wrecked and Abandoned Sailing Vessel, Etc., Defendant,olin Frick, John Gasque, William Riley and the Masters Ofthe Motor Vessels"juniper" & "seaker",defendants-appellants, 640 F.2d 560 (5th Cir. 1981)​

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions