Looking for Lost Dutchman Info

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The dutchmans scam was debunked many years ago by modern technology.He was a notorious thief who stole his boss blind as the mine manager.He hid out his ill gotten gains for years.He got caught with his hand in the pie and was unceremoniously fired. He mysteriously started bring "HIS" new found wealth into town from "HIS" mine and hence a legend grew. Thanx to spectrographic analysis it has been proven that the dutchmans ill gotten gains were indeed thievery from his employer.A good analyist can compare ores from hundreds of mines and tell you exactly which came from which mine.Now a growth industry to sell books,maps,and scam folks to invest in looking for the non-existant stash as he drank all that up!!!Tons a au 2 u all-John :shock: :shock:

OP
OP
Lasivian

Lasivian

May 23, 2003
Spokane, Washington
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
well.. it's like this

Well Hoser John I have to agree with you on the analysis, the superstitions are a terrible place to try and find gold.

However I heard awhile back that someone had made some interesting discoveries about the whole thing by taking a different point of view.

What they did was they took the line in the Dutchman's story of "You can see the needle" which everyone has applied to Weaver's Needle:
needle.jpg

and applied it to Picacho Peak Instead:
picacho.jpg

This site mentions how the 2 have have been confused in the past:
http://www.ajpl.org/superstition/1eedle.htm

After I heard the initial blurb about this it faded into obscurity.

Here are Topo maps of both peaks if anyone wants to look into it. (I won't post them as images here since they're both 5 megs each and will take awhile to load)
http://ice.prohosting.com/icons/images/needletopo.bmp
http://ice.prohosting.com/icons/images/picachotopo.bmp

Anyway, it's just one of those odd bits of curiousity. I doubt i'll ever go to either site even tho I only live 40 miles away.

Frenchman

Tenderfoot
Jun 5, 2003
Western U.S.A.
I think the most accurate information on the subject is a book by Helen Corbin, The Bible on the Lost Dutchman Goldmine. Should you decide on venturing out into the hills in search of it, be very carefull about being on other peoples claims, and, the many other dangers that exist Best wishes,Frenchman

A

Anonymous

lost dutchman mine

i have been in the superstitions many times and know alot about the mine....if you have any questions email [email protected]

Hardpan

Mar 20, 2003
The best recent books on the Lost Dutchman were written By Bob and Helen Corbin. Bob is the former Attorney General of Arizona. Nuff said, Hardpan

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 44
D

Donna 2

Read the book "The Shadow of the Sentinel" by Bob Brewer and Warren Gettler and it should answer a lot of questions about the Lost Dutchman.
Regards Donna

Attachments

• Westchester Square.jpg
    Westchester Square.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 55
  • Westchester Square 2.jpg
    Westchester Square 2.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 56
  • bullets.jpg
    bullets.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Prescriptions.jpg
    Prescriptions.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 44
  • What is it.jpg
    What is it.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 55
  • tungsten ring.jpg
    tungsten ring.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 58

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
ducthman mine

I did read the book and I did not think that it had much info on the lost dutchman mine the best one written was by Bob and Helen Cobin they live in az

boomer

Jul 8, 2003
kentucky
Detector(s) used
army all terrain
dutchman

go to this site, it has good info on this subject. boomer

Quest for Peralta Gold - A Hidden History of Red Mountain - The Sombrero Mines of Jacob Waltz Lore Located in 1988
... Stone Tablets (left) and the Peralta-Ruth Map (right). (Tablet photos provided by Dan Wylde. Peralta-Ruth Map: Superstition Mountain ...
www.sombreromines.com/qfg/Tablets2.htm

D

Donna 2

Re-read the section on Arizona in Bob Brewer's book. If there isn't enough info in there to squelch the lost dutchman mine theory, there never will be. Bob proved to my satisfaction that the dutchman mine was a cover for a huge KGC cache. Regards Donna

boomer

Jul 8, 2003
kentucky
Detector(s) used
army all terrain
KGC

i knew that someone would bring the KGC into this. but the group didnot come into being until the civil war. its wild, every treasure story has to deal with the KGC. if you haven't walked the walk no one can say that they know. the ones on the forum that are working on this have walked the walk. a book is just a book and if anyone belives a book has all the answers than they need a new line of work. sorry, its just that some people belive that the KGC did it all. but they do own a piece of the rock and burger king.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Check with JimB of Milwaukee, WI for a different point of view on the dutchman. He has been researching for years. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions