Looking For Map

yelnif

Mar 2, 2013
ne okla
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello tlm5000, I would start off checking with; county land records @ court house, USGS Topo map of area where you think it is/was, Corps of engineers Maps- they did a lot of the initial surveying west of the 'muddy', also check with local land surveyors as they love maps and most collect or know of someone who does. Don't forget your local historical society- if there was an village there it is possible that these people know about it.

Ancient to me is the Anastazi, Incan cultures or older, so if that is what your looking at- and they don't know about it yet- that would be a great find, BEST ever. I wonder how that would be displayed as a BANNER find. :laughing7:

I am sure others here will offer their thoughts and expertise but these are some of the ones that are often mentioned here for resource material- and the search goes on.

HH yelnif

altereddezignz

Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im looking for a map of north East AR. Craighead Jonesboro area along with any surrounding areas.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to your local historical society, they usually have early maps or at least copies of early maps, and often have copies for sale. I have 1854 and 1876 maps of my county obtained thusly. They are very detailed with the names of the property owners and churches, mills, etc identified. Join up while you're there, they can always use membership payments, and are often very helpful in learning about local areas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread