Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
What details are you looking for; bathymetric or otherwise? If you're in the San Francisco area, UCB (Bancroft) offers a great map selection. If you can get to Sacto, their California History Room would also be helpful.
Don.......

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
OP
OP
maipenrai

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, thanks guys! At this time, I cant do more than online searches, since Im not in the area, not even in the country, so everything is long distance now. My Cali partner seems to be up to his ears in work, so need to do even the simple things by internet now.

Mileaway

Aug 15, 2011
Sonora,Ca
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - Prospector
Im looking for some maps and charts of the San Francisco bay area, from 1900 to today. I know they are out there, but just cant find anything with detail, and that doesnt require payment.

I have "quite a few" navigation maps from a ship that was stored in the Mothball fleet of the SF Bay. I acquired them when the ship was scrapped and I received the chart room cabinets filled with charts. I have only briefly looked through them so I don't know what all is there but I do know the massive roll contains charts from Calif. to at least Canada of the West Coast. If you wish to be more specific in the area you are looking for I would be happy to look and send them to you for the postage only. I hope this helps. :-)M

ps. I would scan them and email them to you but of course they won't fit my scanner.

Last edited:

AlienAmerican

Mar 31, 2014
Northern CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Are you looking for maps like this? mf000057 SMALL.jpg

I've got higher res if you need it, and several other maps like this.

OP
OP
maipenrai

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a nice map, but I was looking for actual nautical charts, with depths and such.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread