Looking for places in southeast michigan

spazzin78

Oct 12, 2012
Have bern hunting now for a year i do pretty good at the beachs and old fairground fields but im looking for placrs to find good coinage or anything good to talk about. Im using a garrett AT. Pro at the moment. If anyone is in the mindset of finding a diggin buddy let me know i live in clinton twp thanks all have wish u all the best if finds

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Phanntom

Oct 21, 2012
Retired and traveling
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000di Pro SL
Whites Goldmaster II vSat
Whites Prizim 6T
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you tried getting permission to search the old cider mill a couple miles east of Rochester? I think it dates back to the 1800's.

Also if you could get permission to search the grounds of the St Clair Inn on the Detroit River. It might take some convincing mgm't that you aren't going to leave their expansive lawns with a case of lawn acne, but if someone convinced me they could do it without damage, as a mgr, I'd be up for it for the history if no other reason. You might also offer to provide them with a release of liability too. Sometimes that's a big factor when dealing with commercial enterprises.

Last edited:

Jejakoan

Tenderfoot
Dec 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, my husband and I are new to the site. We are in Jackson county and we love to hunt! We would love to find someone to dig with. We are new at this. Just bought a "Whites" metal detector a few months back. It seems to work good. We found old 1950's license plates about 8 inches down behind a school. We are always looking for new places, learning the laws and meeting new people. Let us know!

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I'm always looking for someone to hunt w/. I'm in grosse pointe, private message me, and we can go from there. HH. Eric

nicko42004200

Tenderfoot
May 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm always down for some hunting friends . Shelby township here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yaledigger

Tenderfoot
Sep 30, 2013
Yale, MI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i am new to metal detecting. I have been mainly a bottle dump digger. I am always looking for new places to dig and explore. I live in Yale.
would like to meet up with other local diggers !

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I travel all over to Ohio, Michigan and Indaina. If anyone would like to get together on a weekend and do some hunting let me know. I never have a problem driving a hour to 1 1/2 hours for a hunt. Or if you like you can come my way.

mspsarge

Dec 26, 2012
Tecumseh, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265x
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have had real good luck at Vandercook Lake. Do a "Google" search for "Hague Park". There was a large amusement park there at the turn of the century and thousands of people would go there. You can wade out from the shore 100 yards and it only up to your thighs. Wear foot protection as I have taken out lots of broken glass and rusty metal. My best find is an 1877 seated half dollar in the shallow water. The land searches are difficult as my old Fisher 1265x finds lots of trash. Early morning is the best time I've found for wading. Good Luck - Greg from Tecumseh

Kay-O

Tenderfoot
Mar 22, 2014
West Bloomfield, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
HH,

I tried to inbox you, but for some reason, the system will not allow me to.

HH,

I live in West Bloomfield. I would love to meet up when it thaws out a bit. I went to our beach yesterday and found lots of targets, but the ground is still frozen, I couldn't dig past 2". I just joined the Michigan Treasure Hunters club. They have a dig On April 13, if you are interested. Let me know...

Steve
[email protected]

Kay-O

Tenderfoot
Mar 22, 2014
West Bloomfield, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let's Hunt! Oakland County W. Bloomfield

Steve (Kay-O) from West Bloomfield. Just joined the Michigan Treasure Hunters club. And bought a Garrett AT Pro with all the goodies. Took it out for the first hunt of the year, 3/31/14 by our lake. Still snow on the ground and could only dig two inches in the kiddie sand box. I found clad change, but this machine was very accurate and easy to use in manual mode.

Looking for anyone to hunt with. I have some good ideas. In-box me.

Slim_Pickins

Feb 26, 2014
Lincoln Park, Mi
Detector(s) used
I have 2 white's coinmasters and 1 Garrett ace 350.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had real good luck at Vandercook Lake. Do a "Google" search for "Hague Park". There was a large amusement park there at the turn of the century and thousands of people would go there. You can wade out from the shore 100 yards and it only up to your thighs. Wear foot protection as I have taken out lots of broken glass and rusty metal. My best find is an 1877 seated half dollar in the shallow water. The land searches are difficult as my old Fisher 1265x finds lots of trash. Early morning is the best time I've found for wading. Good Luck - Greg from Tecumseh

Just a little follow up here is a link: Vandercook Lake County Park - Jackson County Government www.co.jackson.mi.us

Looks real good for hunting, wasa park before a amusement park was placed there in 1905

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this thread is old but I'm in Macomb county and looking for people to detect with in my area. I have permission from sterling heights parks and recreation for all their parks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions