Looking for recommendations. Best coin metal detector.

goldhat

Aug 14, 2009
Arizona and the great southwest!
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq
Fisher F-Pulse Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I need the best coin metal detector that money can buy. I have a budge up to $1,000. Thanks in advance!
Coinshooters for Arizona:
Nokta Makro Simplex
Minelab Vanquish
Nokta Makro Legend
Minelab Etrac

OP
OP
goldhat

goldhat

Aug 14, 2009
Arizona and the great southwest!
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq
Fisher F-Pulse Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best coin detector that $1,000 will buy is most likely the Nox 800. The best coin detector that money will buy most likely will exceed $1,000. Different parameters!
I’ll have to check it out. I don’t know the Nox 800. Thanks!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AT Max's are good machines, but newer models from other manufacturers are running away with the hobby. A new or used Deus XP I will do great also. There is a state of the art XP Deus II out but I think the cheapest ones are about $1295. I have heard good things about the Vanquish, Legend and Simplex.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GoldHat what might be a good detector others might not be a good detector for you. A good detector for yoyu is one you can understand what it is telling you and you can easly set it up and change it. Try thbem FIRSGT !! This is where local dealers come into play
Go try them OUT !!!

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t know about that one. I think calabash had a review of it.
Keep in mind that the more expensive the detector is, the more complicated and harder to learn it usually is. I think playing with a couple of easier to learn mid priced detectors Gives more opportunity for good finds than one high priced ,easier to understand and cypher unit.

Last edited:

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta agree with Terry. For the money, the wireless headphones, rechargeable battery that will last sun up to sun down, waterproof, response is quick, depth is great, you learn the likelihood of the VDI numbers fast, it is a breeze to ground balance, etc.... The Simplex is very hard to beat. Being able to adjust volume of ferrous targets separate from non ferrous is a huge plus for me.

I purchased the Nox 800, but could not get it to do for me what I thought it should for a lot more money then the Simplex. I think you can get the Simplex with wireless headphones for around $350.00.

Enjoy!

Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread