Looking for Seismic Refraction Software called SRIM from University of Nebraska

Seden

Jan 28, 2008
Years ago I was on the University of Nebraska page for Professor Jerry F. Ayers. He had a bunch of free high quality software programs for Seismic, Resistivity,Magnetometer,etc. that I downloaded onto my computer. I made a back up copy on a USB stick.
Now that I'm retired and ready for those Geophysical Survey Software packages-the computer died and I lost the USB stick! Does anyone have these programs? I'm particularly interested in the Seismic Refraction program called SRIM (Seismic Refraction Inverse Modeling). Or if anyone has another Seismic Refraction software that they would be willing to make a copy of for a reasonable fee that would work too.

I need this for bedrock profiling. Thank you.

OP
OP
S

Seden

Jan 28, 2008
Found similar software on another retired Professors site. Like U.of Nebraska they will keep the site up for a certain amount of time then it's gone for good. Problem solved.

OP
OP
S

Seden

Jan 28, 2008
If I had the money then yes I would buy the commercial software. This software is limited to forward and reverse shots which was used for many years and I will make it work as well. If I start finding nice bedrock with dips and make some money then I can justify the kind of software that has the ability to do a center shot as well. That TOMO software is a bit complicated but more accurate and now the industry standard. Small steps.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread