Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not sure this may be the W H H Dye
I would think that there would be some mention of his involvement in the carriage company but how many other W H H Dyes are there in Ohio? I tried an internet search for the company but came up with very little, I did find out that there is a copy of this catalog in the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wannadig3687, if you want some semi professional help with it, send me a PM.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I would think that there would be some mention of his involvement in the carriage company but how many other W H H Dyes are there in Ohio? I tried an internet search for the company but came up with very little, I did find out that there is a copy of this catalog in the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
Here’s something ironic. I had a second cousin who married a Dye. There’s was a bitter divorce and they have both since passed away. Whether or not it’s any relationship , I don’t know, yet.

I haven’t heard anything from anyone on my end . I am going to make a more public post.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
J. L. Brump, Born 1848 in South Carolina. Married 1895 and his wife's name was Flora. They had one son, Herbert, who never had any children. She died in 1946 in Ohio. So no descendants for James L. Brump. Will look for the others.
I’m borrowing this information.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
hope I'm not muddying up the thread, I searched just Troy Carriage Company Troy, Ohio in google books
got this
https://www.google.com/books/editio...rriage+Company+Troy,+Ohio&printsec=frontcover

said it was a catalog from The Carriage Museum of America, did a search there of Troy Carriage Company havent looked at any of it
maybe they can give more info on Troy Carriage Company
https://carriagemuseum.pastperfecto...iteria=Troy+Carriage+Company&onlyimages=false

just a side note on the name William Henry Harrison Dye
did a search of William Henry Harrison Dye troy ohio in google books and got Tippy Dye,in google books he says he was named for a great uncle,
who was named for the 9th U.S. President William Henry Harrison
3rd chap. 3rd pg

more on Tippy

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cw0909,
I could not find a date on the catalog you posted but I think it may be a little later than mine due to the name changes.
I did find that the Troy Carriage Co. was formed in the 1880s and was out of business in the early 1920s thanks to the introduction of the automobile.

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WannaDig3687,
I am heading to the post office to mail it out now. Enjoy it and do with it as you please.​

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
hope I'm not muddying up the thread, I searched just Troy Carriage Company Troy, Ohio in google books
got this
https://www.google.com/books/editio...rriage+Company+Troy,+Ohio&printsec=frontcover

said it was a catalog from The Carriage Museum of America, did a search there of Troy Carriage Company havent looked at any of it
maybe they can give more info on Troy Carriage Company
https://carriagemuseum.pastperfecto...iteria=Troy+Carriage+Company&onlyimages=false

just a side note on the name William Henry Harrison Dye
did a search of William Henry Harrison Dye troy ohio in google books and got Tippy Dye,in google books he says he was named for a great uncle,
who was named for the 9th U.S. President William Henry Harrison
3rd chap. 3rd pg

more on Tippy
That may help. Thank you.
The Merideth family tree seems to have died out. I could be wrong. It may just be a work in progress still.
I can’t find anything on a J H Crawford in the area at that time.

The WhH Dye family tree is the biggest, although the name of Dye ended. It stretches out to California. I will have to keep looking. There may be someone there.

@traveller777 did you put your wife on the trail? I could use the help.

I plan on going to the museum in Troy. I am thinking that’s where I may get more information. I just need to find a day to go.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Update: I was unsuccessful in finding any descendants. Last month I took the catalog to the Troy Historical Society and donated it for the public to share.

3B92D81C-6EC4-4159-A536-DF894295331C.jpeg

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I received a very nice thank you letter from the Troy Historical Society. I am glad it will be somewhere that people can look at it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread