Looking for treasure in Libya

Baldtarhuni

Mar 11, 2013

Silvaticus

May 21, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am here living in Libya & cant help but notice the wealth of history not to mention the amount of treasures lost all the way up to Rommel evacuating Libya at speed in WW2 and apparently dumping gold into the sea to allow his boats to evacuate at faster speeds. Anyone have any information? Thank you.

That is most certainly true. Being Libyan myself, I believe that there is a massive amount of wealth left to be discovered in mainland Libya. Cross referencing maps from different periods show lost cities that have merely been swept away by time. Even the seas and coasts are sure to be home to hoards as Libya was home to the infamous Barbary pirates who raided the Mediterranean seas in the time of Thomas Jefferson. Its quite common to find coins lying around in the desert. I personally know people who have found everything from Roman coins to Spanish Silver and much more. Shame it doesn't get the same amount of coverage as some other historical sites around the world. Which is strange because North Africa's ruins are in much better condition than Europe's due to the lack of erosion and weathering from rain. The sand preserves them like it did with the pyramids.

PirateBeth

Apr 27, 2016
USA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you know of the same types of things happening in Tunisia or other Northern African countries?

zlabidi

Apr 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am here living in Libya & cant help but notice the wealth of history not to mention the amount of treasures lost all the way up to Rommel evacuating Libya at speed in WW2 and apparently dumping gold into the sea to allow his boats to evacuate at faster speeds. Anyone have any information? Thank you.

I have what you are looking for..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread