Looking forward to our first ring return!!

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We went to a little park that is all sand. No plugs to deal with! It has been so hot and dry here. Bob found a ring right off that seems to have lost the gold plate long ago. He got a wheat and we got a weird lantern top. It does not have a slit and the rod is very long. It has a little clip on it. It was next to the RR tracks so I am guessing RR but can't find a match. And I got a great class ring with the school, year and complete name!!! We are so excited! Our first class ring was a dead end as we couldn't even figure out the school. I found the name online and tried to call but not a working number. I will try to write her at the address I found. I feel like a stalker! πŸ˜„. Might go back to that park tomorrow. Have a Happy 4th!

Attachments

• 20220702_130958.jpg
    20220702_130958.jpg
    599.1 KB · Views: 218
  • 20220702_222110.jpg
    20220702_222110.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 120
  • 20220702_221911.jpg
    20220702_221911.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 122
Upvote 28

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another thing you can try is, call the school for contacting her. There is probably someone they can contact who is going to do reunions for that class year and they may have new contact info. That was how I returned a class ring was through the school, they actually contacted the parents and they let their Daughter know I found it and she contacted me and described where she lost it and what it looked like. I met up with her in a public place so she felt safe, as she was a college student at that time.

OP
OP
L

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another thing you can try is, call the school for contacting her. There is probably someone they can contact who is going to do reunions for that class year and they may have new contact info. That was how I returned a class ring was through the school, they actually contacted the parents and they let their Daughter know I found it and she contacted me and described where she lost it and what it looked like. I met up with her in a public place so she felt safe, as she was a college student at that time.
That's a great idea!! With summer vacation though, not sure anyone will be there but if I get no response I will surely try that! Thanks!!

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back-of -the -boat has given you good advice. I have returned 19 class rings and the school and alumni associations are always a good source of info. Good luck on the return, stay safe and keep swingin.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make sure you take LOTS of Pictures of the return :) Nice going also

OP
OP
L

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Back-of -the -boat has given you good advice. I have returned 19 class rings and the school and alumni associations are always a good source of info. Good luck on the return, stay safe and keep swingin.
What if you can't figure out the school? I have a 1969 LAHS. I know of no HS in this state with those initials. Several in the US though.

OP
OP
L

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Make sure you take LOTS of Pictures of the return :) Nice going also
With the price of gas, I may be mailing it to her! πŸ˜„

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
or AT LEAST give you GAS MONEY !!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What if you can't figure out the school? I have a 1969 LAHS. I know of no HS in this state with those initials. Several in the US though.
If you know the maker of the ring there are a few that make high school rings, they might be able to give you the info on which school it is through the team name, Eagles, Bears, Cougars etc if that info is on the ring. Our high school rings had our team name on them and not all LAHS schools are going to have the same team name. Just a thought.

OP
OP
L

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you know the maker of the ring there are a few that make high school rings, they might be able to give you the info on which school it is through the team name, Eagles, Bears, Cougars etc if that info is on the ring. Our high school rings had our team name on them and not all LAHS schools are going to have the same team name. Just a thought.
Sadly, no team name and only initials inside. It's a girl's ring but at a dead end. It was found at a swimming hole on the property of a former boys military school so I went through several yearbooks looking for a brother or something that may have attended. No luck there either. πŸ˜”

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We went to a little park that is all sand. No plugs to deal with! It has been so hot and dry here. Bob found a ring right off that seems to have lost the gold plate long ago. He got a wheat and we got a weird lantern top. It does not have a slit and the rod is very long. It has a little clip on it. It was next to the RR tracks so I am guessing RR but can't find a match. And I got a great class ring with the school, year and complete name!!! We are so excited! Our first class ring was a dead end as we couldn't even figure out the school. I found the name online and tried to call but not a working number. I will try to write her at the address I found. I feel like a stalker! πŸ˜„. Might go back to that park tomorrow. Have a Happy 4th!
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!! Good luck on the Return:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions