Looks like Ive joined the "Texas Navy".

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like I've joined the "Texas Navy".

Almost got enough Texas navy buttons to make my own coat. I was just sitting around this afternoon, and the fever hit. I grabbed my detector, and went to the woods. It was almost dark by the time I got there. My first signal was made with three minutes after I got started. I couldn't believe my eyes when another Texas Navy button rolled out.

Attachments

• Texas Navy Button, 1836.jpg
    Texas Navy Button, 1836.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 774
Upvote 0

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett pinpointer
Re: Looks like I've joined the "Texas Navy".

Old River said:
Almost got enough Texas navy buttons to make my own coat. I was just sitting around this afternoon, and the fever hit. I grabbed my detector, and went to the woods. It was almost dark by the time I got there. My first signal was made with three minutes after I got started. I couldn't believe my eyes when another Texas Navy button rolled out.

Okay, your in Texas, I'm in Texas...you find all this good stuff...I find nearly squat! Care to have a "hunting buddy"? Where the heck are you??? (what part of Texas)

OP
OP
Old River

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Thanks for the comment. I was just pure lucky to find this place to hunt on. It took me over 30 yrs. to get permission to get on this place. The owner of the property was one that let no one on his place. I deer hunted on his land for years, and finally became good friends with him. He ask me if I had a detector, and when I said yes I got permission to hunt his entire place. There are about eight home sites on this place, and a Republic of Texas Camp site. I got weak in the knees when he ask me to hunt all these places when ever I wanted to. He would not let anyone else on it except me. He pass away a couple of months ago, but his wife still lets me hunt the place, and no one else. I just feel blessed to have this location to hunt, and be so close to my house. I live close to Anahuac Tx. where a lot went on in those days. There are a few parks around her that also has a lot of history, where a person can spend a day hunting. Best of luck to you, and good hunting.

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used

Old River said:
Thanks for the comment. I was just pure lucky to find this place to hunt on. It took me over 30 yrs. to get permission to get on this place. The owner of the property was one that let no one on his place. I deer hunted on his land for years, and finally became good friends with him. He ask me if I had a detector, and when I said yes I got permission to hunt his entire place. There are about eight home sites on this place, and a Republic of Texas Camp site. I got weak in the knees when he ask me to hunt all these places when ever I wanted to. He would not let anyone else on it except me. He pass away a couple of months ago, but his wife still lets me hunt the place, and no one else. I just feel blessed to have this location to hunt, and be so close to my house. I live close to Anahuac Tx. where a lot went on in those days. There are a few parks around her that also has a lot of history, where a person can spend a day hunting. Best of luck to you, and good hunting.

Anahuac is not far really. how did you fare from the storm? Maybe the parks still hold some finds. Good luck and contrats on the site and the finds!

OP
OP
Old River

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

No its not very far. In July I'm going to try to display all my finds in the founders day for our area. Its a celebration for the history of this area. I've got a lot of thing that I have found from this area that they want me to display. I'll be really proud to show them off. It will be on display for about three days. If you would like to drop by, and see what I have. Old River Winfree founders day, at the community building. I believe its around July 24th that it starts.
We fared the storm good. Had some minor damage, and four trees down.

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x

How bout posting your collection on Tnet! What a Treat, take your time, make it a story I bet it would make it to best of T Net

OP
OP
Old River

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

My collection has been posted on t-net. Most of it in today finds. You will have to go over several pages to lacate them. In My collections I have part of the display posted.

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used

Old River said:
No its not very far. In July I'm going to try to display all my finds in the founders day for our area. Its a celebration for the history of this area. I've got a lot of thing that I have found from this area that they want me to display. I'll be really proud to show them off. It will be on display for about three days. If you would like to drop by, and see what I have. Old River Winfree founders day, at the community building. I believe its around July 24th that it starts.
We fared the storm good. Had some minor damage, and four trees down.

I'd LOVE to come. Let me know for sure when you'll have your display set up and I'll come say "hi". probably bring my nephew (shaw) with me.

OP
OP
Old River

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Will be looking forward to meeting you,and Shaw. I will post it before it starts, and let you know.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice button and the site sounds awesome! Good luck and HH, Mike

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Old River,
If I enlist in your Texas Navy will I get a button???

Great finds...keep them coming.
NJ

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I don't know why this one didn't make the Banner, considering you have most of the KNOWN examples of this button in your collection!

Incredible.

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett

Nice finds!

I'm gonna have to read about the Texas Navy, now.

rmptr

Third Wave

Aug 12, 2008

Read "Lone Star Navy"

Great book on the history of the Texas Navy.

OP
OP
Old River

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Went out again today, but no buttons this time. Did find a few relics. Will post them maybe tomorrow.

OP
OP
Old River

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Where did you find to book Lone Star Navy. Sounds interesting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread