🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Miners Journal

Pottsville, Pennsylvania
03 Aug 1904, Wed

000aaa.jpg

LOL Made me Smile & Remember living on the Mountain. 4 Miles from the Nearest Post Office, no Car & Too young or Lazy to Stick my Thumb out :dontknow:
I would take the Coins & Scotch Tape them to where the Stamp Goes & Put them in the Mail Box :laughing7: I take for granted the mailman did his Part back then:coffee2:

Last edited:

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Miners Journal

Pottsville, Pennsylvania
03 Aug 1904, Wed

View attachment 2022847

LOL Made me Smile & Remember living on the Mountain. 4 Miles from the Nearest Post Office, no Car & Too young or Lazy to Stick my Thumb out :dontknow:
I would take the Coins & Scotch Tape them to where the Stamp Goes & Put them in the Mail Box :laughing7: I take for granted the mailman did his Part back then:coffee2:
That was a common occurrence on Rural Routes back in the day.Postal employees had a different sense of responsibility then and took seriously their duties to provide a service.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea i remember when they announced they would no longer
accept coins in the mail box for stamps. too much time
and trouble for them to walk in and say here's the money for a stamp on this envelope i guess :tongue3:

here at the apartment you have to buy a book of stamps by way of a check and request in your mail slot

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the 50s and into the early 60s there were still a lot of people who lived on houseboats on the Rivers. I,m not talking swells here,these folks made a living from the Rivers. Rural carriers knew these people and went out of their way to help them when they could while delivering mail to them. Different times,people were more interdependent then.More appreciative too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread