Lost Dutchman Mine

dennisdunigan

Apr 8, 2007
Canon City, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites
Why are there no post on the Dutchman? That is one of the most exciting treasure topics in the USA! I have been researching the tales for a while now. Anyone feel like talking about this treasure? Thoughts on the 5 carved rocks? Dutchmans hints, old stories? I love to research this stuff. Let's find some gold :) :)

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes, please visit the Dutchman area and post away! I look forward to your discussions.

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
HELLO EVERYONE..ID HAVE TO SAY IF MY FATHER WAS STILL ALIVE THERE WOULD BE LOTS OF POST ABOUT THE LOST DUTCHMAN MINE..HE WAS ALWAYS TALKING TO ME ABOUT IT...HEHEHEH..I LOVE YOU POPS...AMANDA

JakeW

Tenderfoot
Nov 6, 2005
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Garrett AM-1
Too Bad. The Sups have been designated a wilderness area for many years, and now you can no longer file a claim in the mtns. I believe if you had and existing claim it is still valid as long as you paid the fees and did the required work each year. Everyone you talk to all say they know where the Dutchmans mine is. But no one seems to have proof (GOLD) from it. Back in the 80's you would be watched to whole time you were in the mtns. In some areas you could hear gun shots in your direction. Just remember Peralta had hundreds of peons working for him. The mountains are covered with prospect holes and test shafts all over. I would say if you went in the sups today you still would be watched - crazy people are still out there, and people still die in the mtns. I spent many hours in the sups in the 70's and like everyone else I also have my own ideas. But if you feel the need - good luck and have fun. In the late 70's a old snowbird was going to go in the sups with a high power rifle, being out of hunting season he was asked by an forest service employee what he was going to do. His reply was he was going to go and hunt some Indian's... Go Figure...

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
JakeW said:
Too Bad. The Sups have been designated a wilderness area for many years, and now you can no longer file a claim in the mtns.

I think it's a good thing. Imagine what the place would look like if they hadn't. Celeste almost blew up Weavers Needle.

cptbild

Oct 3, 2005
NM/AZ/CA/Co/Utah & P.I. Tx.
Djui5
Yep!
U'r right!
Some people out there have no common sense! :tongue3:

ps:
Doc and I are working "feverously" on our Jeeps and a get'n ready for this yrs trip
Hope to meet you up there in Mesa, FOR! :coffee2:
And, some chatter 'bout some T'sites :thumbsup:
Interested ???

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
djui5
I have decided, that I'll withhold my:
Private/Public ;D Information on The Dutchman
Since
Doc & I will out that way
We might as well see where it'll lead us!
I wonder if "He" left any evidence that would prove, if a rich mine were to be found
It would prove...
That it was His Mine?
Personal items, initials, etc
MAYBE, " WE'LL " FIND OUT ? ::)

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sure of course. If you need an extra hand let me know.

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
TREASURE DISCOVERY AUCTION

Believed to be 160-year-old maps to a vast fortune hidden deep within the mysterious Superstition Mountain Wilderness Area of Arizona.
They have now been deciphered.
You can be there at the moment of Discovery! This once in a lifetime opportunity to become part of the history of the Superstitions can be yours if you act quickly. Summer is rapidly approaching.
I. The first fact-validating expedition has been completed.
A. Markers have been photographed
B. GPS way-points have been marked
C. A heart was located at the spot signaled by the Minelab 3500 Pulse Induction Metal Detector
D. Legal representation and assistance has been obtained
II. The Trip of Discovery is organized for late Spring this year.
A. Ground Penetrating Radar will be used to survey the site and surrounding area
B. Pack animals to carry the gear for a 6day trip are arranged. It takes 2 days to reach our camping area on foot
C. The entire expedition will be videoed for broadcast at later date
III. The Treasure Trove Permit will be applied for
A. Legal Counsel will submit application for permit
B. Ground Penetrating Radar images submitted
B. Story of the Stone Tablets as presented in Straight to the Heart
C. GPS coordinates omitted to aid in securing permit and for later leverage
IV. The Opportunity of a Lifetime is in need of an additional member
A. A full share of the treasure the Government doesn’t take.
B. Credit given as one of the discoverers
C. A full share of Archeological finds donated to the museum in your name
V. This is a story rivaled only by the Lost Dutchman Gold Mine
A. This is a true moment in history
B. Proof once and for all about the Stone Tablets
C. One of the greatest Treasure Discoveries of all time
D. No time to waste summer is approaching and that means HOT!
If you are physically fit and have experience in the outdoors this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for you to be there for a truly historic discovery.
Opening bid: $25,000.
Call 480-600-3418 for additional info.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 636051498

what people will do for money, a pretty expensive camping trip I say.....I think this guy has been wandering around the desert tard too long in the sun>>>>> icon_sunny

what do you think Huh ????

db

OP
OP
dennisdunigan

dennisdunigan

Apr 8, 2007
Canon City, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites
sounds like another scam ::)
made it sound good huh! :icon_pirat:
They wouldn't need one more body!
Sounds like they are digging for treasure in someone's wallet!!!!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dennisdunigan said:
sounds like another scam ::)
made it sound good huh! :icon_pirat:
They wouldn't need one more body!
Sounds like they are digging for treasure in someone's wallet!!!!
Red flags and all the dingers going off on that one :o Here we go another Dutchman book.............

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Wasn't there one of these "fabulous" expeditions just last year... :tongue3:
Came to nothing as I remember ! :tard:
AND!
They had "all of the Answers" too! :thumbsup:

LadyD

Jul 22, 2008
Hello all, I was researching the lost dutchman and came across this site:) I have panned, rock hunted and dredged in the Merced and Yuba Rivers...got some color too :)...glad to know there are more out there ... Planning a trip to the Superstitions with my sons this winter.

We have collected nephrite jade from "Jade Beach", all kinds of Agate around Quartzite, etc...according to my kids, more rocks than they wish they had ever seen...:)

Have been member of GPAA and the local rockhound clubs around Merced CA. Recently retired in Scottsdale AZ . Was researching for some fun to do things. I hit on the Lost Dutchman sites...whether gold or not...they are sure some gorgeous mountains...I also found a site that claims there is some beautiful amethyst in there...my favorite stone :)

Gold may not be able to be taken but the information I have so far seen states rockhounding is permitted. I like those "yellow" rocks too.

Nice to meet ya'll :)

LadyD

cptbild

Oct 3, 2005
Has anyone "run" down(called/checked Id'd) that phone number, 480 600 3418, to find out who this person is?
He actually doesn't say anything important or new about the LDM
Just a bunch of "jubberious" statements
(a bunch of words that say, little or nothing)

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
it would be awsome to find the lost dutch man but i belive the dutchman himself or the natives of the area made sure no one would find it but i belive the local indians know where it is they keep a spoken record of things this important they will find it one day and throw one hell of a pow wow .

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cptbild said:
OlePossum
Thar ain't no "local Indians" those mnts! :wink:

No offense meant cptbild, but I believe you may be mistaken.

cptbild

Oct 3, 2005
OK!
Let's see....
There are Apache Nation on/in The White Mnts Reservation
That's way! over on the far side of Globe-Miami
Right?
Then,
There's The Gila (Papago) Reservation, south of Phoenix
But!
I sure don't remember any "Locals" in or anywhere near the Superstitions Mnts! :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread