Lost Gold of the Aztecs - Who Watched?

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May 11, 2022
I Retired in 2019 after 38 years in the mining business (underground and surface, metal/nonmetal) and quite honestly the only gold these guys are going to find, in my humble opinion is probably the ā€œgoldā€ theyā€™re making from the History channel. Iā€™ve worked across the globe as a registered professional geologist up to VP level and in Nevada in particular for 15 years. The UG mines shown in Nevada, Mineral County are from the 1860s and beyond. If you look at the timbers in these mines they are all machine hewn, not hand hewn and quite honestly no more than 150 or 160 years old, if that. I have been in dozens of these over my career. I donā€™t wanna be disrespectful but has anyone ever found anything worthy on any show that has aired on the History channel? That being said, I have found some very old artifacts in the areas shown but nothing that was verifiable and related to Aztec, Mayan or Inca cultures, only native tribes.

I certainly hope they do find something real and verifiable but Iā€™ll wait and watch. Now, Iā€™ve got some fly fishing to do!

DredgerDana

Feb 18, 2015
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer, TDI White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks,
I REALLY enjoyed those two videos...!
First, the Hard-Core under-icewater placer mining, all that gold, sitting on top...!!
Second, the sweet reduction of those pesky giant boulders....! Simple, SURGICAL,
and relatively safe.....And, there are other applications of it too...!
Thanks Eyemust! Am watching now. They blasted into a vertical shaft, but we do not know yet what is in it. One blast went through the wall. The guys in firepit did find a vault, but it was empty.

They say the twine is preSpanish, older. So apparently an Aztec mine.

DredgerDana

Feb 18, 2015
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer, TDI White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Retired in 2019 after 38 years in the mining business (underground and surface, metal/nonmetal) and quite honestly the only gold these guys are going to find, in my humble opinion is probably the ā€œgoldā€ theyā€™re making from the History channel. Iā€™ve worked across the globe as a registered professional geologist up to VP level and in Nevada in particular for 15 years. The UG mines shown in Nevada, Mineral County are from the 1860s and beyond. If you look at the timbers in these mines they are all machine hewn, not hand hewn and quite honestly no more than 150 or 160 years old, if that. I have been in dozens of these over my career. I donā€™t wanna be disrespectful but has anyone ever found anything worthy on any show that has aired on the History channel? That being said, I have found some very old artifacts in the areas shown but nothing that was verifiable and related to Aztec, Mayan or Inca cultures, only native tribes.

I certainly hope they do find something real and verifiable but Iā€™ll wait and watch. Now, Iā€™ve got some fly fishing to do!
Tend to agree. Oak Island more likely to find something, something huge happened there an amazing amount of work for what reason? And with ancient technology. Indeed think GoldRush pays $100K a year for even the non-stars on show.

DredgerDana

Feb 18, 2015
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer, TDI White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love all of those topics but we know the Oak Island Guys or the Aztec gold guy have found something when we read about it long ahead of the episode. šŸ˜Š
See you are likely into old west. My Great Grand Father was Charles N. Crewdson, as I child he shined Jesse and Frank James boots the day before Russleville bank robbery, not knowing who they were until he saw the wanted posters. He sold cowboy hats via train to old west mining camps stores in late 1800s. He then became maybe the main newspaper writer on Indians. Here is one story he wrote.
TOLD BY AN INDIAN
Tales of Fierce Battles in the Far Northwest
HALF CENTURY AGO
FIRST AND LAST ATTEMPT TO OUST BOSTON MEN.
Around the Fire in the Tepee of Old Hoo-Sis-Mox-Mox--A Fierce War.
(Copyright 1903 by Charles N. Crewdson.)
Written for The Evening Star by Charles N. Crewdson.

He interviewed Chief Yellow Hair who met Lewis and Clark as a small child when they got to Pacific coast, talks about the war than happned later. https://www.truwe.sohs.org/files/before the white man.html

In 1905 Chief No Shirt and Whirlwind stayed 3 days at My GG Father;s home in Chicago https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/sn88085421/1905-06-28/ed-1/seq-2/

Heard that story over and over from my Grandmother. Wondered if any photos of Chief No Shirt, and bingo just found one, a great pic on horseback in 1903 https://oregondigital.org/sets/moorhouse/oregondigital:df665k30v

You or others may find that of interest.

Cheers

Last edited:

DredgerDana

Feb 18, 2015
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer, TDI White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoagland and Hegg found a triple tunnel on other side of blast. My guess is they will contine the show, whether this year of next.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched it last night. Utah Seems a loooooong way for the Aztecs to travel to hide their treasure.Must be a million places closer along the way.:icon_scratch:
As I posted back in March :) Whats up with dat :tongue3:

Reactions: ARC

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IF, Montezuma's treasure did exist, and was as massive as legend says, it would of taken an Army of people and animals to move it. Moving thru the (at that time) fast wilderness of N. America ,inhabited only by native tribes.
Such a mass movement would surly of drawn the attention of the locals.:icon_scratch:

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IF, Montezuma's treasure did exist, and was as massive as legend says, it would of taken an Army of people and animals to move it. Moving thru the (at that time) fast wilderness of N. America ,inhabited only by native tribes.
Such a mass movement would surly of drawn the attention of the locals.:icon_scratch:
Yes, and the water demand for all those animals not to mention the huge manpower- in the DESERTā€¦!

Palmetto Digger

Sep 17, 2007
Columbia, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx550
Primary Interest:
Other
See you are likely into old west. My Great Grand Father was Charles N. Crewdson, as I child he shined Jesse and Frank James boots the day before Russleville bank robbery, not knowing who they were until he saw the wanted posters. He sold cowboy hats via train to old west mining camps stores in late 1800s. He then became maybe the main newspaper writer on Indians. Here is one story he wrote.
TOLD BY AN INDIAN
HALF CENTURY AGO

He interviewed Chief Yellow Hair who met Lewis and Clark as a small child when they got to Pacific coast, talks about the war than happned later. https://www.truwe.sohs.org/files/before the white man.html

In 1905 Chief No Shirt and Whirlwind stayed 3 days at My GG Father;s home in Chicago https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/sn88085421/1905-06-28/ed-1/seq-2/

Heard that story over and over from my Grandmother. Wondered if any photos of Chief No Shirt, and bingo just found one, a great pic on horseback in 1903 https://oregondigital.org/sets/moorhouse/oregondigital:df665k30v

Cheers
Thanks! Actually, I do love the history of the west. One of my favorite historical figures is Chief Joseph of the Nez Perce. Another one is the Kid I use for my avatar.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is THE dumbest treasure show yet. Kevin Hoagland is a great guy, but this show is freaking horrible! The premise was interesting, but the people are not. Personally, I watched the last episode I'll ever see last night. Two-Thumbs WAY down!

Palmetto Digger

Sep 17, 2007
Columbia, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx550
Primary Interest:
Other

You hit the nail on the head, my friend. All the guys on these shows have found incredible treasure. It's just that the treasure is on a rectangular piece of paper with odd numbers on them. Many of those numbers are to the left of a strange dot preceded by two zeroes. I don't think we'll ever solve this mystery.

Palmetto Digger

Sep 17, 2007
Columbia, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx550
Primary Interest:
Other

I've worked on a few History Channel Shows back when they actually aired History related programing. I'm not sure how Ice Truckers fits into that business model but they're going to produce shows that generate big money and big ratings. I can assure you, you're right. The producers likely held an open call for people that were into modern prospecting - whether or not they're actually successful prospectors is irrelevant, they're looking for people who are most likely to be dramatic. It's a lot like Pro Wrestling. They need a heel, and a crybaby and a good guy, etc. These characters are making more money than they ever have or will as prospectors. I just hope they don't blow it all when the show's get cancelled. As far as those brothers who are doing nothing more but destroying Oak Island, they won't be finding that treasure. I've been following the Oak Island story since I was a kid in the 70's. I learned about it watching In Search Of. I believe they're are two simple answers that are probably equally plausible: they either was no treasure ( all of those claims about the artifacts that have been pulled out of the pit, like the stone with carvings on it, have never actually been seen. There's no proof they ever existed. My other theory - and I hope I'm right about it because as treasure hunter, I want there to be a treasure there -Is that somebody with the good since to keep his trap shut found it long ago.

Palmetto Digger

Sep 17, 2007
Columbia, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx550
Primary Interest:
Other
TOLD BY AN INDIAN
HALF CENTURY AGO

He interviewed Chief Yellow Hair who met Lewis and Clark as a small child when they got to Pacific coast, talks about the war than happened later. https://www.truwe.sohs.org/files/before the white man.html

Cheers
I've been meaning to reply to you for months but my aunt got sick and the only people who could (or would is more accurate) was my mother and myself. As I said, I do find the history of the Old West incredibly compelling but I actually didn't care anything about that part of American History until I moved to Los Angeles for a year and made the cross county trek in a car back and forth several times. I was amazed every time I made the trip. I live in South Carolina so It's not like I'm unfamiliar with buildings dating back to the 1700s but I thought it was really cool that every once in while driving in the most deserted parts of the country, I would notice old abandoned homesteader cabins that had to date back to the the 1870s. Just off the highway in the middle of a sandbox, slowly collapsing. Very cool if you ask me.

I may have this wrong but I think Chief Yellow Hair was either Chief Joseph's father or grandfather. Do you know?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread