Lost Gold of the Aztecs - Who Watched?

Sarge50

Apr 11, 2022
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was betting on the guys from New Mexico but they pulled out brand new metal detectors and that’s just a dead giveaway.
Better add more to the bet for the New Mexico guys, wait till they bring out the big equipment! New detectors because their reliable ones they’ve used for years are a bit beat up. Gabe and Ramon are veteran gold and silver hunters…..I’m betting on them as well! Sarge

BIGKUNTRY

Apr 12, 2022
Better add more to the bet for the New Mexico guys, wait till they bring out the big equipment! New detectors because their reliable ones they’ve used for years are a bit beat up. Gabe and Ramon are veteran gold and silver hunters…..I’m betting on them as well! Sarge
Did anyone else notice when the fellars were shooting their crossbow into the pitch black cave they swapped to another angle and you can see daylight and green foliage on the other side? I know they still didn't want to go in it due to it being sketchy but did anyone find this "misleading" no disrespect intended just wondering If anyone else saw it.

Attachments

• 20220412_231514.jpg
    20220412_231514.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 20220412_232349.jpg
    20220412_232349.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 32
  • 20220412_232433.jpg
    20220412_232433.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 35

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Using that wagon as a sluice MIGHT of worked with a better water flow delivery system.And much better riffles .

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've only seen commercials about it. My thought are it will just be another show talking about theories and never finding any gold. I think I heard a theory that the Aztec originated from Utah or something like that before and Utah is full of interesting rock art and ancient dwellings which I'm guessing you'll see a lot of on the show suggesting a lot of wild ideas of what it all means.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have watched both shows. It is well done. Know Kevin Hoagland leader of one of the teams.

Back maybe in 2014 when he was doing Gold Trails TV show he invited me down to a Sierra Nevada mother lode claim of GPAA for a filming of the show to do some blasting. It is the same blaster we have seen in Aztec Gold show intro, blasting the side of a tunnel with red rubber rings on the blast heads.

I am the inventor of it, the SierraBlaster. Kevin is one of the first people to ever see it used. We had fun blasting boulders to get under them for gold. He said on camera that it was the most revolutionary thing for small scale gold mining he had seen in years. He had a blasting license, but SierraBlaster requires no Federal blasting license, no record keeping, etc. That is why he was so impressed.

Am guessing what they are using it for is they can see parallel tunnels in ancient mine they are searching via ground radar and are blasting thru thinking that might be where treasure is. This is same system that GoldRush Whitewater show uses underwater on boulders. This video shows shows Dustin Hurt getting really big gold nuggets under a boulder he blasted, he becomes euphorically happy and giddy, very cool highlight video I never get tried of watching that video. Here is another that shows how it works

Hope one of the teams does find something. It is a long shot, people have been looking for centuries. On other hand sometimes you find things that you were not looking for, maybe Kevin will find a gold deposit.

Thanks,
I REALLY enjoyed those two videos...!
First, the Hard-Core under-icewater placer mining, all that gold, sitting on top...!!
Second, the sweet reduction of those pesky giant boulders....! Simple, SURGICAL,
and relatively safe.....And, there are other applications of it too...!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw a little of it and it was kinda interesting, but I know it's gonna be like all those other shows of that type. I know there were extensive trade routes for centuries in this continent., but those Aztecs probably could have just went 5 miles out of town and hidden any gold they had and those Conquistadores would have never found it.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
QUESTION: Why would a Spanish Death Trap, be in a mine the Aztecs may have hid their treasure in?

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To keep anyone other then them from getting the Gold!
Sooo... the Spanish were already there? Why wouldn't they take the treasure with them?

Sarge50

Apr 11, 2022
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sooo... the Spanish were already there? Why wouldn't they take the treasure with them?
Terry,
I’m sure they took some of the riches but very heavy if all gold…trying to get it all at once is too much and obvious they stole it or they knew where it buried. I imagine they would Come back every so often, Undo the death trap, pick up a bar or 2, and live good for a few months or a year! Imagine a Spaniard with a new Horse, new House, new spurs and he’s not even working, very obvious? For sure someone underhanded is going to blackmail him to tell where the riches are or die! I don’t think you could just show up back to town and yell “Drinks on The house” and pay for everyone without ALL eyes on you? I’m not being funny, I’m just think about the time and how it was back then, Everyone Just trying to survive and this 1 Spaniard comes in flashing Gold everywhere just wasn’t a good idea!

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry,
I’m sure they took some of the riches but very heavy if all gold…trying to get it all at once is too much and obvious they stole it or they knew where it buried. I imagine they would Come back every so often, Undo the death trap, pick up a bar or 2, and live good for a few months or a year! Imagine a Spaniard with a new Horse, new House, new spurs and he’s not even working, very obvious? For sure someone underhanded is going to blackmail him to tell where the riches are or die! I don’t think you could just show up back to town and yell “Drinks on The house” and pay for everyone without ALL eyes on you? I’m not being funny, I’m just think about the time and how it was back then, Everyone Just trying to survive and this 1 Spaniard comes in flashing Gold everywhere just wasn’t a good idea!

I mean, sure, our imaginations can conjure up any number of scenarios to fit our beliefs, doesn't make them any truer though...

golddigger14s

Aug 14, 2007
Lawton, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
I'm already paying for the channels so I might as well watch this show, and all the others. I hope some of these people do find something eventually. They have spent years and a lot of money on these ventures.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm already paying for the channels so I might as well watch this show, and all the others. I hope some of these people do find something eventually. They have spent years and a lot of money on these ventures.
Oh, they found something alright, an audience, which is where they make their money!

dougachim

Jan 30, 2013
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Were do you think it ended up at.
Wish I knew,if the Aztec would have come thru here they would find stuff. They keep saying that the mines up there were precolumbian ??? There are lots of gold mines between me and Mexico City, Some of the richest gold deposits in the world are in Chihuahua

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish I knew,if the Aztec would have come thru here they would find stuff. They keep saying that the mines up there were precolumbian ??? There are lots of gold mines between me and Mexico City, Some of the richest gold deposits in the world are in Chihuahua
So you do not believe any of that interview Tony Jolley did.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions