jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Laurens advertiser. (Laurens, S.C.), 18 July 1893.

Untitled.jpg
Untitled2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/l...ext=&andtext=&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=1

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Couldn't imagine completely darkness for hours and hours - just gives me the creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeps thinking about his experience.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmmm. Possible and maybe, but who knows. Native American things found in many caves, but further west. 150 miles or so.Cultures were primitive and story is a tad suspect. Blind fish? Yes, normally catfish. Cave would have been limestone. I have been in dozens of Texas caves within a 100 miles of San Antonio. This describes a typical Texas hill country cave. Not much to be found. Very dangerous when raining because streams, part of Edwards Aquifer, flood instantly. Most caves have been explored and documented. Only unexplored cave I know is on the ranch of a retired Uvalde High School teacher. It's near Garner State Park, has never been entered in the 150 years or so that his family owned the property and I have a key to the gate and permission to explore it. I'm pushin 70 and have no desire to do so. Got him to let UT archeology do it after he and I are gone. He has 5000 acres, I own 600 next to him, taught in Uvalde and that's how we met. By the way, I just signed a contract to teach Texas History for a young and dear friend in Uvalde. Met her when I was 54 and she was 22. I start tomorrow with New Hire institute, me and a couple dozen young teachers. Should be interesting:laughing7:`

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread