Lot of copper but no Coppers. Clock face, bottles, Hindu Plaque. Stoneware Urn jigsaw puzzle.

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab X-Terra 505 with stock coil or 18.75khz elliptical coil depending upon the site. Upgraded to Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I detected very little of here when I first started detecting but had a not so great detector. I went back the last 2 days and found a lot of copper stuff and an 1890s turn of century dump pocket in the creek bank. Spent Saturday mostly excavating. Today I mostly detected up stream. Crude stoneware urn ⚱️ was in several pieces sadly but I've found almost all of them. Humpty dumpy urn will live again. It's a very China heavy pocket but the nice bubbly turn mold whiskey, the mini cork top bottles, fancy silver plated thing and the end of skeleton key came out of pocket as well.

Upstream was a lot of junk and tons of copper odds and ends. Many that sounded like coins. Clearly has not been detected. Photo shows only a few of the copper items. Rest still in finds bucket. The round gear may be off a scale. Dish I think is a soap dish.

Really like the clock face and the Hindu plaque that I'm assuming is sacred geometry. Anyone speak Hindi?

Attachments

• 20220905_230405.jpg
    20220905_230405.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 104
  • 20220905_225606.jpg
    20220905_225606.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 62
  • 20220905_120130.jpg
    20220905_120130.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 58
  • 20220827_190225.jpg
    20220827_190225.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Upvote 10

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I detected very little of here when I first started detecting but had a not so great detector. I went back the last 2 days and found a lot of copper stuff and an 1890s turn of century dump pocket in the creek bank. Spent Saturday mostly excavating. Today I mostly detected up stream. Crude stoneware urn ⚱️ was in several pieces sadly but I've found almost all of them. Humpty dumpy urn will live again. It's a very China heavy pocket but the nice bubbly turn mold whiskey, the mini cork top bottles, fancy silver plated thing and the end of skeleton key came out of pocket as well.

Upstream was a lot of junk and tons of copper odds and ends. Many that sounded like coins. Clearly has not been detected. Photo shows only a few of the copper items. Rest still in finds bucket. The round gear may be off a scale. Dish I think is a soap dish.

Really like the clock face and the Hindu plaque that I'm assuming is sacred geometry. Anyone speak Hindi?
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Neat plaque. It's a "yantra" of some kind, used for protection, in meditation or prayer and for worship... in homes, temples and when travelling. Similar, but not identical to this (modern) one:

View attachment 2045179
Beat me to it Red-Coat :laughing7:
Got to like the "Get latest price" it's something like the "Morning Price" when I was buying out of the markets in India and Nepal.

I'm liking the little bottles, and brown turn mold as well.
The urn is very cool
The clock face is a very nice recovery. From all the clock works dug over the years I have only dug one or two face plates but nothing on them. (I assumed that they had a paper face) Your engraved one is a keeper for sure.

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds! Congrats! I hope you find more good stuff there!

OP
OP
RatherBeDigging

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab X-Terra 505 with stock coil or 18.75khz elliptical coil depending upon the site. Upgraded to Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you all. The gentleman I work with who is from India says this yantra is for protection while driving.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice going :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread