Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your last sentence says it all Gopher. Good luck, and prayers for both of you.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing I can add. Looks like everyone above has said it all !

Good Luck to You & Yours ! :coffee2:

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Praying for a miracle for you and your wife. My doctor friends have told me stories about some recoveries that could not be explained medically.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Praying for a miracle for you and your wife. My doctor friends have told me stories about some recoveries that could not be explained medically.

Yes I had to say goodbye to two of my grandparents erroneously under advice of doctors. They just don’t always know. It’s not a science despite how much they tell you it is.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sending prayers - take care

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gopher...

I was excited to see an update and have often thought of "what you ended up doing" with your windfall.

And I am truly saddened by your plight... and can only suggest that you hold and comfort her through every step.

Thank you for this update and your opening / sharing with us.

I for one appreciate it.

May God's winds fill your sails.

ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They speak of Covid being a pandemic.

Cancer has been the real ongoing pandemic.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be praying for you. Nothing is impossible with God. But He makes the ultimate decisions. I was hit by a car almost 60 years ago and was literally "gone" for about 45 minutes. Scared the ambulance crew badly when I came back. They had even turned the lights off.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope your wife is doing better.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cried for you and your wife gopher. Im not ashamed anymore to cry. As a 50 year old man I've gotten to the point where I'm not ashamed to cry at things that are moving to me, and I don't care if others see me cry anymore !! Hug your wife for me please !! The release of emotional energy is good for the soul and allows one to think clearer. Perhaps its time to plan a trip in that RV if possible. Like others have said....im almost speechless. May God bless you 2 !!

OP
OP
GopherDaGold

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope your wife is doing better.

She is in hospice care in an assisted living cottage that costs $11,000 per month. I had to do battle with the hospice team, the hospitalist, her case worker and Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield in order to convince them that she had 100% coverage for residential hospice care. After three weeks and numerous heated conference calls we were successful.
She is getting weaker every day. Her appetite is gone and she is in constant pain. Her hospice nurse has told me that her time is drawing near.
I was able to get her transferred to our new home for a few hours last Saturday but she had to return to her cottage in the evening.
I expect that she will not last through the end of August.
I truly hope she makes it past this coming Tbursday, (two days from now) which is our two year wedding anniversary.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She is in hospice care in an assisted living cottage that costs $11,000 per month. I had to do battle with the hospice team, the hospitalist, her case worker and Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield in order to convince them that she had 100% coverage for residential hospice care. After three weeks and numerous heated conference calls we were successful.
She is getting weaker every day. Her appetite is gone and she is in constant pain. Her hospice nurse has told me that her time is drawing near.
I was able to get her transferred to our new home for a few hours last Saturday but she had to return to her cottage in the evening.
I expect that she will not last through the end of August.
I truly hope she makes it past this coming Tbursday, (two days from now) which is our two year wedding anniversary.

So very sorry for what you and your wife are going through, sending prayers.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Many of you know about the amazing luck I had last August when I scratched a million dollar winning ticket.
It is now eight months later and since all of you were so supportive I figured I should share what we did to improve our lives.

We bought a small but beautiful home on 3.5 acres.
We added the wagon wheels and bench.

View attachment 1920489

The property is completely flat and fenced off into two one acre pastures using barbed wire and electric fence plus our 1.5 acre yard. Most of it is rural highway frontage and there is a horse ranch across the road.

We have a 34'x56' insulated pole barn with two horse stables.
A Cub Cadet ZTR with 50" deck.

View attachment 1920513

View attachment 1920514

View attachment 1920516

We purchased a 2021 Winnebago 23' toy-hauler and a 2020 Ford F-150 twin-turbo Ecoboost with a 36 gallon fuel tank. A beast that will pull 11,100lbs.

View attachment 1920515

We also have a nice chunk of change for retirement and we each have fully funded Roth IRA accounts.

And then just last month my bride of less than two years was diagnosed with advanced lung cancer that has spread to her brain. She had a major seizure last Saturday and nearly died in my arms from choking on blood. She spent six days in the ICU intubated and in an induced coma.
I would give it all up and move back into that run-down mobile home if it could make her healthy again.

GopherDaGold.... Hello. My name is Brad Lewis. While you know nobody can help you with your personal pain I do know that sharing it does help. Many of us have had to go through different difficult personal loses. I personally have the last few years and it does change you. And all the money anyone has can do nothing to change it. I admit I've been absent for awhile here on Treasurenet but I logged in and found your post and it kind of hit me hard. I know exactly what you mean about "giving it all up" to make your loved one better and so do others I'd bet. And I'm sorry it's you or anyone who is dealing with this. This is why I'm writing you as maybe a way of carrying on your love and her name. I was blessed to have the talent to build things. When my daughter Kristi and her son Carter were killed helping a family of 5 I've carried on their names each year by building toy boxes and donating them the past 5 Christmas's. Other organizations take them and fill them with needed items targeted to a families needs. I've now donated over 200 toy boxes bearing there names and will again this year. My wife was highly supportive of this and then she passed and I included her name that year onto them. Like you I am blessed to be able to afford to do this.

So the reason for writing you was maybe.... just maybe you can think of a way to keep her memory alive in a positive way since you have the means to do so. And if I can possibly help in any fashion I will. I truly wish ya the best.... Brad

OP
OP
GopherDaGold

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GopherDaGold.... Hello. My name is Brad Lewis. While you know nobody can help you with your personal pain I do know that sharing it does help. Many of us have had to go through different difficult personal loses. I personally have the last few years and it does change you. And all the money anyone has can do nothing to change it. I admit I've been absent for awhile here on Treasurenet but I logged in and found your post and it kind of hit me hard. I know exactly what you mean about "giving it all up" to make your loved one better and so do others I'd bet. And I'm sorry it's you or anyone who is dealing with this. This is why I'm writing you as maybe a way of carrying on your love and her name. I was blessed to have the talent to build things. When my daughter Kristi and her son Carter were killed helping a family of 5 I've carried on their names each year by building toy boxes and donating them the past 5 Christmas's. Other organizations take them and fill them with needed items targeted to a families needs. I've now donated over 200 toy boxes bearing there names and will again this year. My wife was highly supportive of this and then she passed and I included her name that year onto them. Like you I am blessed to be able to afford to do this.

So the reason for writing you was maybe.... just maybe you can think of a way to keep her memory alive in a positive way since you have the means to do so. And if I can possibly help in any fashion I will. I truly wish ya the best.... Brad

Very inspiring message, thank you. I offer my condolences on your own tragic losses.

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Had a similar problem with my 1st wife. Lung cancer. Agree pick a good hospice. Those people are wonderful. Having my wife die at home was not advised to me by her doctor and he was right. So, so sorry for you and your wife.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions