Louisiana roll call

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is Louisiana for you, it is summer time the standard forecast is for afternoon thunder showers, from April to October. If Sidney Torres Park is still off Judge Perez behind the auditorium or Police Jury Complex you can get there from the parking lots. If you find any golf balls, I probably drove them there. Remember when the ground is wet, signals are magnified.

Johnny

P.S. If you can find your way to behind Andrew Jackson high School you may find some Civil War stuff.

Last edited:

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is Louisiana for you, it is summer time the standard forecast is for afternoon thunder showers, from April to October. If Sidney Torres Park is still off Judge Perez behind the auditorium or Police Jury Complex you can get there from the parking lots. If you find any golf balls, I probably drove them there. Remember when the ground is wet, signals are magnified.

Johnny

P.S. If you can find your way to behind Andrew Jackson high School you may find some Civil War stuff.

Yeah the park is there still I actually know Sidney Jr personally his brother Tony was my best man at my wedding (RIP). I actually went to that park a while back and it looked liked he had it totally redone very manicured. My uncle lived in the Parish until Katrina.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know Sidney Torres the attorney, about 70 years old. Knew his mother Lina and his father Sidney, all of my life. You probably know his sons. P.M. me your uncle's name and I will send you my name.

P.S. The area east of the Chalmette National Cemetery, that was once part of the Kaiser plant was the site of the Confederate Line. By the time I was allowed to leave my house as a child the area was all ready fenced in, and i was not allowed to go there. Some of the older kids told me about it. There was all kinds of junk left over from the CW, and large pits of some kind of liquid waist from the refinery there also. The last I heard they had turned into some kind of industrial park, not sure.

Johnny

Last edited:

buck8point

Apr 22, 2018
Iberville Parish, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 / Garrett AT Max /
Garrett Pro Pointer / Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iberville Parish here.
Anyone hunting nearby lookin for a partner let me know.

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Still learning what all T-net has to offer and finally stumbled on this thread, anyhow I'm from Washington Parish, I live between Franklinton Louisiana and Tylertown, Mississippi literally on the La/Ms Stateline. I love anything dealing with history and I've been detecting for 20+ years. Hope to hear from some of y'all soon and possibly one day we can do a little swinging and digging... "D"

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know Sidney Torres the attorney, about 70 years old. Knew his mother Lina and his father Sidney, all of my life. You probably know his sons. P.M. me your uncle's name and I will send you my name.

P.S. The area east of the Chalmette National Cemetery, that was once part of the Kaiser plant was the site of the Confederate Line. By the time I was allowed to leave my house as a child the area was all ready fenced in, and i was not allowed to go there. Some of the older kids told me about it. There was all kinds of junk left over from the CW, and large pits of some kind of liquid waist from the refinery there also. The last I heard they had turned into some kind of industrial park, not sure.

Johnny

Yeah Johnny I know his boys his youngest Tony was my best man at my wedding. I still talk to Sidney every blue moon.

Heavygold4me

Jan 27, 2020
South mississippi
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 , Nox 600, Excalibur II, manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
St. Bernard parish here, always looking for hunting partners

Mpgetz1

Nov 29, 2021
Im in Monroe. Done lots of research on this area and get no permission to hunt or, its either concreted over or a business is built on top of the spot... The old Fort Miro area, forget it. Ive even found several old homesites from the early 1800s along the river, but no one wants you on their property. Its really discouraging. Ive found a few oldish pieces of silver in Forsythe park.
Really have given thought to just selling all my equipment. Gets tiring of reading, reading and then get turned away, once you find something thats interesting.
lol, dont let me get ya down. Its a fun hobby,just frustrating now days.
John
Any new Hunts?

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Folks, I have a book coming out that y’all may want to read or tips and techniques related to digging in Louisiana. I’ll probably finish the draft this upcoming summer and should be coming out the following year if all goes smoothly. I’ll post the details here once it’s done. Cheers, Buck

Heavygold4me

Jan 27, 2020
South mississippi
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 , Nox 600, Excalibur II, manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Folks, I have a book coming out that y’all may want to read or tips and techniques related to digging in Louisiana. I’ll probably finish the draft this upcoming summer and should be coming out the following year if all goes smoothly. I’ll post the details here once it’s done. Cheers, Buck
Looking forward to it. your finds never cease to amaze!

Mpgetz1

Nov 29, 2021
That sounds awesome, cant wait to check it out!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread