High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
For me, one Ibuprofen in the morning and I am good all day. Sometimes two...depends.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to your pharmacy and ask if they have the one that cinches up like a corset.Has snaps in front and on the sides has straps you pull to tighten it up.Mine is a Trueform-OTC.It can be a bit constricting but with a little experimenting with the tightness and positioning on your torso it works well for me.You can get one at Walmart made by Mueller that also works pretty well and is not as expensive or quite as constricting.Get the one that goes on with an overlap and then has another set of straps that you can vary the tension with,it,s the more expensive of the two that Wally usually sells but usually 20.00 or less.The Trueform is around 40.00 last time I bought one.Hope this helps,I,ve had a recurring bad back for 25 years now and I know whereof you speak.Good luck!Jim.Just for yuks,no amount of NSAIDS work for me.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Salompas - medicated patches - i use them - they make exlarge ones for back now
800mg ibuprofen helps too

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to your pharmacy and ask if they have the one that cinches up like a corset.Has snaps in front and on the sides has straps you pull to tighten it up.Mine is a Trueform-OTC.It can be a bit constricting but with a little experimenting with the tightness and positioning on your torso it works well for me.You can get one at Walmart made by Mueller that also works pretty well and is not as expensive or quite as constricting.Get the one that goes on with an overlap and then has another set of straps that you can vary the tension with,it,s the more expensive of the two that Wally usually sells but usually 20.00 or less.The Trueform is around 40.00 last time I bought one.Hope this helps,I,ve had a recurring bad back for 25 years now and I know whereof you speak.Good luck!Jim.Just for yuks,no amount of NSAIDS work for me.

This here. I get lower back problems as a result of my knees. I have one for when it acts up.

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure what your situation is but I've had six back surgeries and have psoriatic arthritis. My days of detecting on land are greatly limited. I switched to primarily water hunting because it is less pressure on my spine. When I do hunt on land I use a solid lower back brace and the trick for me is using a cane. The cane helps reduce pressure on my spine and I use it only on land. When I pinpoint a target I place the tip of the cane on the target so when I bend down to dig I know the target is under the tip of my cane. I use the cane to help stoop down and I use it to stand back up. It greatly increases the length of my outings. If you're hunting in sand you may have to improvise by using a cane with a larger foot and a hand scoop. Or if possible use the long handled digger as a cane but I've never had luck with that. Unfortunately we have to keep battling it if we are to keep enjoying this hobby. Good luck. By the way I use a back brace ordered through my neurosurgeon's practice.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont over look medical symptoms either..... pancreatic and prostrate issues. Have your PSA checked.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use spray Blue Emu that is read-ably available most pharmacy's. works great but it takes using it for a few days B4 it gives full relief.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions