Lower Shaft Stability Insert, does it work?

Rmeav8r

Nov 4, 2004
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Nokta Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

kmaz

Jan 6, 2010
Albany ny
Detector(s) used
Tesoro deleon,compadre , silver micromax,bandido
I purchased the “longer middle shaft” for the simplex. I think it’s 2” longer and does make a difference. It was maybe $24. It’s still disappointing. It absolutely would probobly never fail but to me feels super cheap.
kris

OP
OP
Rmeav8r

Rmeav8r

Nov 4, 2004
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, I’m aware that there are different rods, fiber carbon and such but I was really interested in if anyone had used the “Stability plug” I’ve seen by some vendors. Apparently Nokta Makro is aware and sent those to distributors as a patch to the problem.

kmaz

Jan 6, 2010
Albany ny
Detector(s) used
Tesoro deleon,compadre , silver micromax,bandido
No idea if the plug works or not... can’t imagine it would do a thing. I filled my lower rod with spray foam. Not sure if it did anything. The rod I’m talking about is the middle aluminum rod. They make a longer middle aluminum rod so the lower rod doesn’t have to stick out as far making it flex less.
kris

OP
OP
Rmeav8r

Rmeav8r

Nov 4, 2004
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No idea if the plug works or not... can’t imagine it would do a thing. I filled my lower rod with spray foam. Not sure if it did anything. The rod I’m talking about is the middle aluminum rod. They make a longer middle aluminum rod so the lower rod doesn’t have to stick out as far making it flex less.
kris
Thanks, my thoughts exactly. I can’t imagine the plug would do anything, if I happen to get one anyway I’ll post the results here.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have inserted the free lower shaft rubber wobble fix and purchased the longer upper shaft. Together they help alot with the Simplex wobble. Since the upper shaft is longer the lower shaft can be inserted a bit higher changing the internal pivot point. :icon_thumleft:

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have inserted the free lower shaft rubber wobble fix and purchased the longer upper shaft. Together they help alot with the Simplex wobble. Since the upper shaft is longer the lower shaft can be inserted a bit higher changing the internal pivot point. :icon_thumleft:

This is basicaly how my preferences have evolved also buddy. I have used the Simplex ONLY all season long, spring, summer, fall. It took some discipline as I was initially brain dead with it until I tweaked settings and used it enough for things to make sense. Now I like the machine. I am slightly over 6'1 and this is how I ended up moving the shafts over time. I made the coil rod much less flexible by moving it further up into the main shaft. Then I pulled the main shaft further down/out. But one time the whole works fell out of the handle/grip/screen piece. I realized that I needed the longer optional shaft when I heard about it coming out. My longer shaft and anti wobble insert came in and I have them set up. I hope to give it all a whirl very soon.

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I barely had time left to use the longer main rod, but it definitely gives nice length for taller folk. I initially refused to get the carbon fiber lower rod because it felt like I was being nickle and dimed by this machine. But I did order it yesterday. I'll have to wait as it is out of stock. But realistically, the additional accessory rods don't cost much so I'll stop whining. Now I should read reviews on the new coils. I have no idea if I'm going that way yet. The machine is pretty light and balanced with the factory coil. Compared to my head heavy ATP anyway.

Germanrazor

Jan 7, 2021
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+,
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure. I ended buying the lower carbon shaft and it fixed the wobble for me.

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not sure. I ended buying the lower carbon shaft and it fixed the wobble for me.

Really never noticed a wobble in mine but I have a carbon fiber shaft for my stock coil and another one on the way for my SP24. I am saving for a SP 22 and when I order it I will pick up the carbon fiber shaft for it too. I like the reduction of weight and the overall appearance.

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never really had much if any noticeable wobble. What bothered me was some mushy flex in the lower coil shaft. I popped in the small insert, got the optional longer upper and lower shafts, now it all feels snug as a bug.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread