Lucky Finds, Silver and Collectables!

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter land ranger pro, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello! So last year and this year I've gotten into yard sales. Las year I was only looking for coins and silver and gold. I found a few things. But this year i found out that facebook marketplace is an awesome place to make money fast!!! So I've been hitting those yards sales quite a bit to look for stuff to re-sell. Once my Grama found out I was making money online, she send us a ton of junk to sell and to split up among us sisters. Here's how much money I've made and a few pics of the cool stuff I sold/found:
20200906_200705.jpg
Found this bottle at a thrift store for a buck. Was going to sell but decided to hang on to.it for now.
20200906_200612.jpg
My Grama gave me a thin 10k chain, a silver earring, a silver ring, the silver spoon, and I bought that 10g. Chicken pin for 50 cents at a yard sale. Keeping for now.
20200905_150643.jpg
From my Grama. Sold for 5 dollars.
20200822_110921.jpg
Bought for 10 cents at a yard sale, within an hour on posting it, it sold for 7 dollars!!!
20200721_111304.jpg
From my Grama. Rare!!! I searched it up online and it was going up to 60 bucks. Told my sis to sell for 40... she put it up for 30. She's a firm believer of getting rid of junk lol!
20200712_150337.jpg
Bought for 10 cents, sold for $5.
20200830_121423.jpg
Haven't sold yet. Bought for 50 cents. Might keep it... it's cute!

Money made selling online since April 2020: $204.65 cents. About $40 bucks per month on average. That's not including the silver and gold I got from my Grama and from yard sales. Not gonna quit my day job but I enjoy doing it and it give me extra cash. Its fun to find all the cool stuff in the sales. I enjoy it!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like an extra "side hustle" for you. Keep it up. I'm the kind of person that just sells the stuff in a garage sale to get rid of it.

OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like an extra "side hustle" for you. Keep it up. I'm the kind of person that just sells the stuff in a garage sale to get rid of it.
Thanks! Yah that's why yard sales are good... people want to get rid of their stuff fast so it's cheap. Thatakes it perfect for me so I can sell for profit! Too bad I can't come to your next yard sale lol

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your Grandma rocks out to Iron Maiden? LOL

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
IDK, Stuff that sells on Amazon, I'll buy nothing that sells for under $30, and then only if I get it for $1 to $3.

Stuff that sells on Ebay, nothing under $50. The exception is if I can buy 10 or 20 of something. I bought 20 Ann Hand Brooches, all the same design, all new in box for $1 Each. They only sell for $25 to $30 each, but since one listing will sell all 20 eventually, it was a good buy (so far I've sold 5 for $23 each average).

OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
your Grandma rocks out to Iron Maiden? LOL

LOL!!! No way. She didnt even realize she had that. When I showed her a picture of it you should of seen her face... udder horror as she looked at the devil and creepy skull on the pin. She said with mouth open eyes wide,"I gave that to you??? I'm so sorry!!! That's just horrible!!!" It was priceless.

OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IDK, Stuff that sells on Amazon, I'll buy nothing that sells for under $30, and then only if I get it for $1 to $3.

Stuff that sells on Ebay, nothing under $50. The exception is if I can buy 10 or 20 of something. I bought 20 Ann Hand Brooches, all the same design, all new in box for $1 Each. They only sell for $25 to $30 each, but since one listing will sell all 20 eventually, it was a good buy (so far I've sold 5 for $23 each average).

I don't mind selling stuff for under that amount. It's time consuming but i enjoy it. The place I sell is free and I don't ship to anyone so it makes it easier and more worth while if your just selling small things.

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't mind selling stuff for under that amount. It's time consuming but i enjoy it. The place I sell is free and I don't ship to anyone so it makes it easier and more worth while if your just selling small things.

Nice to see you are doing what you enjoy.......Time goes bye way too fast.....Kudos 2 U

OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice to see you are doing what you enjoy.......Time goes bye way too fast.....Kudos 2 U

Exactly! With covid I'm trying not to take on extra shifts because I've a medical condition. So I get to treasure hunt, earn some cash, and learn info about the vintage items as I go along! I'm glad I can sell them... some of the stuff is cool and I want to keep them... however if I kept every cool thing that'd be a problem. I'd have no room for my bed!!!��

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Exactly! With covid I'm trying not to take on extra shifts because I've a medical condition. So I get to treasure hunt, earn some cash, and learn info about the vintage items as I go along! I'm glad I can sell them... some of the stuff is cool and I want to keep them... however if I kept every cool thing that'd be a problem. I'd have no room for my bed!!!��
Nice finds! I have the same problem... my room is filled with antiques, bottles, and whatnots that I've bought (usually with the intent to resell) or found, I'm a hoarder lol.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
LOL!!! No way. She didnt even realize she had that. When I showed her a picture of it you should of seen her face... udder horror as she looked at the devil and creepy skull on the pin. She said with mouth open eyes wide,"I gave that to you??? I'm so sorry!!! That's just horrible!!!" It was priceless.
Ok, are you talking about Ronald McDonald?

OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great little side business, keep up the good work! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks I will! I've made $50 selling since the start of September.

OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your grandma has good taste in music, lol.
She does NOT listen to Iron Maiden LOL!!! She didn't even know she had that... when I showed her a picture of what I sold from what she gave me she was horrified. Her eyes got big and she like, "I GAVE that to you??? I didn't even know I had that!!!" Turing towards mom, "I'm so sorry I gave that to her!!!" LOL we (mom and me) both laughed

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
Ha!!! :laughing1:

Actually, 5 bucks was a steal, but then, plenty of Maiden fans out there, and that is a classic record.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread