Lump of Cash

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Went hunting a old bridge And did find a silver guarter and a wheat, But I also found a wet lump of bills in a purse with no I.D. I figure around 5 grand, It was in such bad shape, and wet, I dried it over night to try and get it apart as intact as possible. Lost a few 20's, really wondering what kinda questions the bank was gonna ask when I brought in these tatered bills, This morning I was able to get 2 20's serial # they were different, well that was good news, then peeled out a few hunderds, well they were all same serial #'s then a few more 20's and the same results. So now the sheriff has em, glad I dident get to excited. Maybe I should have keepem and made counterfettie

Attachments

• 000_0422.JPG
    000_0422.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 982
  • Money 000_0421.jpg
    Money 000_0421.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 983
  • 000_0423.JPG
    000_0423.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 987
Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WoW! Sorry they weren't the real thing! :P But VERY neat find!

Nana :)

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keen eye indeed..I would have been too excited to be smart enough to check the serial numbers....too bad they were fakes...:(:(

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
I knew a few crooks in my days. I've seen kids I used to know make those bills. They look so real you would never know. They get passed around in the street life.

To bad they weren't the real thing. Good thing you turned them though. They spot them in circulation fast. And they will get you. They got the few I knew at that time pretty quick. You go to jail for awhile for that.

They can be made with a machine that cost Like 500.00 or so. Still would have been exciting for the moment.

HH Jer

mr.theman

Aug 29, 2006
McAlester, OK
WOW opening that bag would have been a real heart stopper for me. Glad you didn't go running to the bank before checkin them out. Maybe next time they will be real ;).

HH
Mr.T

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Something made the peps scared and dumped them. Too bad there was no ID, you might have gotten a reward for their capture. At the least, you made an unusual find and have the pics. to show for it. HH!

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
Gotta admire an honest person! I'll bet it made your heart rate quicken a notch or two though eh?
Good job!
~Nashoba~

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Texan, at least you have the pictures to hang on to. Looks like somebodies counterfieting operation went awry, they got scared and dumped the evidence :D.​

Cool find for you, glad to hear you done the right thing.​

HH/NS​

;D

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i would have had a heart attack if i found that... Cool!

HH
-GC

trubl1096

Oct 17, 2006
Landlocked
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x/ Aquapulse/ WHITE'S II
Thats cool. I've sen some counterfeit money but not in that amount. To bad you could not keep one just to frame. That would have been really neat.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Well after I jumped up and downed and did the happy dance and hooted and hollered and then passed out , then dreamed of what all I was going to buy .....then I might have come to my senses long enough to figure they were fakes! Fantastic find tho and I surte wish they would have been the real thing for you!

bootstrap vinn

Apr 25, 2006
Central Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1210x Fisher 1236x2 Fisher 1225x
WOW Man :oIf I had found that there would have been two lumps one in the purse and one in my pants :-\Oh well,at least you got a silver quarter for your efforts ;DDummy me,I probably would have headed straight for the bank :-[I hope you get it in GOLD next time!!!later man,Bootstrap

Mike T

Oct 4, 2006
Wow! hey theres actually a Federal agency that you can send those bills to. I saw a program once about them, alot of people bury they're cash and find it corroded its very common, this agency carefully tries to match up the pieces and issues new ones to you. I don't have any more info about them but they exist.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread