M & M Mining the Northern Sierras

OP
M

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had an appointment with the cancer doc yesterday. My blood cell count and platelet count are extremely low so he has delayed the start of cycle three for one week. He's ordering a scan and due to what could be dental infections, I'm now taking an antibiotic and an antiviral. It just keeps getting more fun....

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Had an appointment with the cancer doc yesterday. My blood cell count and platelet count are extremely low so he has delayed the start of cycle three for one week. He's ordering a scan and due to what could be dental infections, I'm now taking an antibiotic and an antiviral. It just keeps getting more fun....
I predict more than 1/2 an oz. and that's not counting the specimens!

OP
M

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today marks the beginning of the third cycle of chemo. I'm already getting meaner, CT scan is scheduled for December 1, this will hopefully show some progress and help determine how many more cycles I'll need to go through. I expected at least four cycles and I'm hoping that will be all that's needed.
On a good note, the park owner where I live has decided that when all this crap is over, I'll have a job here in the park doing day to day maintenance. This will help with the ever increasing bills created by chemo.

BRING ON SPRING!!!!

OP
M

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scan results: Gotta love them. The results show a 75% reduction in the tumor that is in my right Pelvic area, and nearly gone from other lymph nodes. Doctor's prognosis is one more cycle (four in total) that will end January 2, a new scan a couple weeks later then discuss the next step of treatment. I'm hoping I'll be cancer free just after my birthday and my hair and beard will grow back by May.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread