M & M Mining the Northern Sierras

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi kids, some of you know me from other forums. You've seen my threads and the pictures, the silliness, the creativity of miners, and the gold. SO..... Would anybody like me start thread for our adventures here?

two weeks ago: DSCF1181.JPG

3 gram weekend

Last weekend (working solo):
DSCF1203.JPG

1.4 grams, with a .35 nugget

OP
OP
M

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hefty can tell you back in the GPAA forum days (before getting banned) I started every thread that way. When I do videos, it's one and done. I'm too old and lazy to figure out how to edit. If you're interested, you can look up my YouTube channel for my videos (some are not prospecting). Find me at mikep6911

OP
OP
M

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is THE place for gold adventures! Nice chunky gold! What state are you mining? Welcome!

I've got 60 acres in the Northeast Sierras, top end of the northern Mother Lode belt. Close enough to Quincy for an emergency beer run, but far enough that in three years, we've never seen USFS or CDFW.
I guess you should see this one of that gold with the mercury still on it. Just don't ask where the merc went.

DSCF1199.JPG

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chunky stuff! Nice.

OP
OP
M

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last weekend at the Meat was to say, interesting and slow on the gold side. Working solo again, I still managed to move some rocks. Here's a look at the old girl when I started to dig, and the after will be posted shortly when it's done uploading.

https://youtu.be/e1xNQoV0GiY

In the past two weeks, a small "Bambi" stumbled into the work zone, and didn't survive. Needless to say, between the creek water not keeping up with the pump, and that horrible smell, mining ended early both days. I deal with nasty smells on a daily basis, no I don't pump toilets or septics, but some restaurants treat their kitchen oil containers the same way. This was a worse smell than even I could stomach.

One of those rocks mentioned in the first video turned out to be at least 6' long, so it will have to wait for Rockguy, a chain, and a come along before it gets muscled out of the way.

The after view:

https://youtu.be/YbXU0gcocWU

Last edited:

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 14" Pan, Garrett 15" Super Sluice Pan, Bazooka 36" Sniper,
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've got 60 acres in the Northeast Sierras, top end of the northern Mother Lode belt. Close enough to Quincy for an emergency beer run, but far enough that in three years, we've never seen USFS or CDFW.
I guess you should see this one of that gold with the mercury still on it. Just don't ask where the merc went.

View attachment 1198652

Ooh yay! Love to see other Sierra miners on the forum.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread