17716181029476.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 83
Upvote 0

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not seeing the gold. Are you saying the fern-like mineralization is gold?
How have you verified this? Just asking because I have packed back many rocks with gold and yellow colored mineralization. Nothing ever shows up in the pan after it is crushed.

Last edited:

bug

Jun 5, 2008
Nor Cal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks something like mica crystallization on pegmatite. Crush it to a powder and pan it out to verify

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Not seeing the gold. Are you saying the fern-like mineralization is gold?
How have you verified this? Just asking because I have packed back many rocks with gold and yellow colored mineralization. Nothing ever shows up in the pan after it is crushed.

I was wondering the same thing but I see no real sparkle that Gold usually makes! If the fern-line mineralization is in fact Gold, then it flowed into the cavities that Dendrites made in the Quartz when it died off.

Frank

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP

605dano

Nov 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm hoping its gold. The rock is covered in iron oxides so sometimes hard to tell whats what. I do see this occasionally where I'm at. This small vein I see it in almost every sample. Another example from a near by vein I found awhile back.

Attachments

• 177291793975.jpg
    177291793975.jpg
    925.7 KB · Views: 119

AU_Solitude

Feb 24, 2014
Vacaville CA
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GBII, Geo Picks & Hammers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Only you can really test it to see if its gold. When it comes to micro gold, armchair prospectors over the internet are going to be limited help. As others have mentioned, there can be other minerals taking on the same form in form of sulfides along with the manganese shown. Nice photos though! Keep it up, it's a lot of fun and I am always sampling and doing the same - keeps the dream alive!

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
armchair prospectors over the internet are going to be limited help.

I suppose most people are "armchair prospectors" when it comes to actual hard rock mining. I do take offense to that description.

I have found that small amounts of gold in mineral deposits is actually very common in the gold belts.
Sure it may calc. out to some attractive recovery rate..but most of the time the vein is narrow and does not contribute enough tonnage to be worth the effort and risk.
Does get you excited though.

AU_Solitude

Feb 24, 2014
Vacaville CA
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GBII, Geo Picks & Hammers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I suppose most people are "armchair prospectors" when it comes to actual hard rock mining. I do take offense to that description.

I have found that small amounts of gold in mineral deposits is actually very common in the gold belts.
Sure it may calc. out to some attractive recovery rate..but most of the time the vein is narrow and does not contribute enough tonnage to be worth the effort and risk.

And my apologies IMAUDigger, I don't lump myself in that category, nor anyone else really here - that was painting with a very broad brush - the point I was really trying to make was that it's really hard to tell over the internet as photo's can easily be manipulated, light plays at different angles, colors change based on camera quality, etc, and it's not as easy as having the sample in hand. With photos such as those provided, all anyone can do is speculate - if the individual isn't sure it's gold with sample in hand, how are we suppose to come to that conclusion based on photos? (Unless it was blatantly obvious, in which case I doubt the individual would be asking in the first place, correct?)

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I picked some pieces out of a small stringer vein of quartz and in almost every piece I could see fine gold with a loupe. These pics are with a cheap usb microscope. Hopefully the gold gets bigger as I dig down.
You are such a tease, did you find gold in those samples ?

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other

HA HA, I am an armchair prospector that puts boots to the ground and myself and a friend went out this morning to do some test panning on a somewhat local river and stream and to get some black sand to see if there is micro Gold in it. I do a lot of research online and search for information that might help me in my Gold prospecting journeys. In fact, I have learned a lot more about where to find Gold in the last couple of years, than I did in the previous ten or more years, just by reading posts from members here on TNET and learning more about Gold facts that I picked up here, watching Gold Prospecting shows and Youtube videos. I may be old but not too old to learn!

Frank

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread