Made it to the top!

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Well another detecting season has been and went, 2016 had ups and downs, lots of targets made it up to the top of the ground for me!
The only downs were the targets I didn't get a chance to see. I haven't been a faithful poster this year so many of these finds are first time posted today. As usual, some coppers( nothing noteworthy ), some silver (a lot of newer, few old), buttons ( many, just not so many military), and all the little nitnoids! I didn't find a ton of military this year, but the one I found I'm more than happy with!
I'll have to let 2017 show me what was missed.

Some group shots, and some of the keepers!

Attachments

• 16group.jpg
    16group.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 252
  • 16bulls.JPG
    16bulls.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 326
  • 16butts.jpg
    16butts.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 245
  • 16sils.jpg
    16sils.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 318
  • 16mils3.jpg
    16mils3.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 247
  • 16copps.JPG
    16copps.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 223
  • favmil2.JPG
    favmil2.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 230
  • 3amigos.jpg
    3amigos.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 235
  • dh7225.JPG
    dh7225.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 221
  • RBM.JPG
    RBM.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 224
  • dhwitch.JPG
    dhwitch.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 243
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fantastic relic and coin hunt year yield, congratulations! :notworthy:

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing wrong with your season...not good as 15 years ago but by todays standards fantastic! nice early navy...

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Nothing wrong with your season...not good as 15 years ago but by todays standards fantastic! nice early navy...

I time travel with every hunt of every year, sometimes we get back there sometimes we don't, I'm not disappointed at all, I'm very happy with the lot !
Past seasons are their own accomplishments, I'm proud of it all!
But yeah, there were a few years that were kind of over the top and exceptional!
Thanks

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a serious pile of keepers. All we can do is stick to the process and let the chips fall where they may. Sometimes you find a couple of stunning rare finds and sometimes just a lot of great finds that make your collection bigger and more impressive. You did great my friend. That early military is a killer piece. Can't wait to see what next season brings

OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
That's a serious pile of keepers. All we can do is stick to the process and let the chips fall where they may. Sometimes you find a couple of stunning rare finds and sometimes just a lot of great finds that make your collection bigger and more impressive. You did great my friend. That early military is a killer piece. Can't wait to see what next season brings

The nice Marines button made the year for me, a nice example of a not so common button. After all that its all gravy!

And as for the finds being serious, they are for sure, and I'm seriously thinking about doing it all again next year!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been waiting for your wrap up, and you didn't disappoint. It's funny that when a whole season's finds are together, you really see what a huge pile of great stuff you found. Congrats on a great season and the buttons...ohhhh those buttons are fantastic!

Cheers and here's to another.

OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
I've been waiting for your wrap up, and you didn't disappoint. It's funny that when a whole season's finds are together, you really see what a huge pile of great stuff you found. Congrats on a great season and the buttons...ohhhh those buttons are fantastic!

Cheers and here's to another.

Thank you Scrappy!
I admit that I just glazed over a bunch good stuff this year, I admit to being focused more on the next hunt and what it had to offer rather than the one at hand.
New Year, resolve to post a bit more and dig more buttons!

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Gemini III, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Fisher F2, Deepers 6, OKM rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
A cool collection
Happy hunts in New Year coming

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a great season for sure. All very impressive. But that last pic . what is that witch on a broom with a goose thing-a-majigger. Wierd. ?...

OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Thats a great season for sure. All very impressive. But that last pic . what is that witch on a broom with a goose thing-a-majigger. Wierd. ?...

Thanks
It's a pin or brooch, I got nothing on that one; I threw it up there hoping someone would say something about it.
But the goose and the witch left me scratching my head too

Last edited:

Benjamin52

Apr 26, 2011
Germany
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS :-:
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The “goose riding wizard” is a killer!

Top Member Reactions