Made my first batch of cinnamon rolls

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They came out delicious! Some had raisins, some didn't. Made 11 in the batch but, by the time I got the camera out, there were only 5 left and they were still warm. Didn't make the standard, powdered sugar icing; instead I put cinnamon, white sugar, brown sugar and melted butter in the bottom of the baking pan. Then, after they were baked, I turned them upside down on the platter. That served as the icing.

Attachments

• rolls.jpg
    rolls.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 81

ki4ofh

Tenderfoot
Dec 28, 2013
Jacksonville, FL
Detector(s) used
White's CoinMaster GT, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 8 year old makes better cinnamon buns that I do.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

ki4ofh

Tenderfoot
Dec 28, 2013
Jacksonville, FL
Detector(s) used
White's CoinMaster GT, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those look really good...LoL.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Sheperdess

Jan 20, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next time you make them put a layer of cream in the bottom of the pan with the other ingredients you put in there. They will be even better, believe it or not.

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
When my mother baked yeast bread, she'd take a quantity of the dough, make a flat, square piece of it. Then, she'd put on cinnamon and raisins, roll it up and cut out sections to be used as rolls. Once it was in the cooking pan, she'd pour karo syrup in there. When it came out, cooked, they disappeared very fast, I tell you.

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sheperdess, are you talking like half and half or pure cream?
piegrande, that sounds good too. I didn't make mine with regular bread dough, I mixed up some "sweet" dough. I was thinking about making regular icing for my next batch. It's all kinda fun. Thanks all for the responses.

Sheperdess

Jan 20, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I usually use pure fresh cream straight from the cow, but half & half will work too. Just enough to cover the bottom good and mix your brown sugar in with it in the pan. Set your rolls on top of this. (It's a good thing I saw this as I forgot that I have my overnight roll dough raising up stairs.....------>)
Sheperdess, are you talking like half and half or pure cream?
piegrande, that sounds good too. I didn't make mine with regular bread dough, I mixed up some "sweet" dough. I was thinking about making regular icing for my next batch. It's all kinda fun. Thanks all for the responses.

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't milk our cows....they save their milk for calves and a human would get their butt kicked if you got that close. THAT reminds me; it's about time to butcher some more beef!! Running a tad low in the freezer. Do you still put melted butter and cinnamon in the bottom also? I'd guess you would. What does the cream do?

Sheperdess

Jan 20, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't milk our cows....they save their milk for calves and a human would get their butt kicked if you got that close. THAT reminds me; it's about time to butcher some more beef!! Running a tad low in the freezer. Do you still put melted butter and cinnamon in the bottom also? I'd guess you would. What does the cream do?

Here's how I do it.....butter the pan you want to put the cinnamon rolls in. Put enough cream in the bottom of the pan to cover it pretty good. Throw in some brown sugar and stir it in the cream so it is slightly thicker. Set your rolls on top of this and cook them. (In the rolls I put butter, brown sugar and cinnamon...raisins if you like, then roll them up and cut them). Bake and eat. I nearly always make my overnight bun recipe (and have for many years...it was my Gramma's.) I start them at about 2:00 in the afternoon, punch them down at 6:00, make them into buns, rolls, or loaves at about 8:00. They raise at room temp until morning. Bake them when you get out of bed and have fresh bread for breakfast and the fresh bread smell lasts all day in your house!
The cream makes them scrumptuously gooey.

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your's came out really good. I recently made my first batch and they were just "ok", but I learned some lessons. I let them rise overnight, but they came out over-proofed and that affects the quality and taste. I also put them in a round pan (like my instructions said) and they ended really "crammed" together after rising. But live and learn! Hopefully mine next batch are superb!

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Y'all just send me a batch, and I'll be the judge. I'll admit that "gooey" kind of sounds finger licking good.

I will post the results when I have tried them all. :laughing7: I'll even send the winner a full roll of blue ribbon. :thumbsup:

Homar

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread