Magnetic heavy sand

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
I was wondering on what method of extraction one would use on heavy black sand with a Assay of Au 12 ppm , Pd 5 ppm , Pt 20 ppm ?
What method would have the least overhead for equipment and materials ?
What method would be the most profitable with unlimited ore ?
What size should the ore be sized to for these methods ?
Gravity , mercury , cyanide , roasts , acids , borax , bleach , etc are some of the methods legal or illegal i don't care . What the best is all that matters . Any thoughts would be helpful

Upvote 0

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m sure someone will chime in with a reasonable option for you. I’d edit that post to remove the legal or illegal part. Only because your bound to turn off a few guys that may have good advice for you.

Some of the chemical processes may work well but are nasty and produce lots of toxic waste that’s tough to deal with on the back side.

Good luck.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I agree with OGF on his comment BECAUSE there are extreamwacoenviromentalist's that will home in on your "legal-illegal " comment and have used comment's that we have posted and used them in court against us ! Like it or not , it is a fact of life !

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if the gold is independent of the iron rod mill & gravity, smelt with small shavings of lead then burn off the lead by melting in a coppell (absorbs the lead)
if locked in sulfides, supper fine grind and leach, flotation, halide leach basically bleach, all depends on converting sulfides,
roasting? mostly outlawed in large scale, converts the sulfides but also creates hydrogen sulfide (rotten eggs)
might find some basic ideas here; Basement Chemistry For The Prospector

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
Its illegal for me to do anything where am at so don't worry to much about where your at because its only a matter of time . Mining will be illegal everywhere just like firearms because we all endanger the public safety . Sorry for the wording but am straight forward .

OP
OP
I

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
Winner58 thank you for the info and that web site i guess where your at the sands are great

OP
OP
I

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
MERCURY gets Au , Ag , Cu and a few others ?

Last edited:

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its illegal for me to do anything where am at so don't worry to much about where your at because its only a matter of time . Mining will be illegal everywhere just like firearms because we all endanger the public safety . Sorry for the wording but am straight forward .

Well put.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
MISSINFORMATION only adds to the problems we (as miners/ prospectors/ dredgers ) have to end up fighting in the courts eventually ! WHY help the wacoenviromentalists get what they want ??? Give up if you want but please don't drag us down with you !

OP
OP
I

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
I have some questions . Let me state am not a miner . I was going over the reasons of public safety where am at and found what the main problem might be Radioactive Th and U i seen that the crust levels are Th 9.6 ppm U 2.7 ppm in heavy sands these numbers could be 10x higher am guessing . This is there ammo to ban mining am guessing . Am wondering at what levels is this dangerous to the public ? Has anyone ever run into this problem ?

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have some questions . Let me state am not a miner . I was going over the reasons of public safety where am at and found what the main problem might be Radioactive Th and U i seen that the crust levels are Th 9.6 ppm U 2.7 ppm in heavy sands these numbers could be 10x higher am guessing . This is there ammo to ban mining am guessing . Am wondering at what levels is this dangerous to the public ? Has anyone ever run into this problem ?
if you had high concentrations of Monazite sands these are mined for the rare earths.
its rare to have concentrations of thorium and uranium that would cause harm with short term exposure. radiation from minerals mostly just pass through the body, when you have it concentrated in an enclosed space like radium under your house long term exposure is unhealthy.
Not sure where your numbers are from, an example; the only spot of high concentrations in the Philippines is Northwest Palawan with Uranium as U3O8 ranges from 0.0037% to 0.76%
and Thorium as ThO2 ranges from 0.17% to 9.65% these are ranges from grab samples.

OP
OP
I

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess you read what i read that place was a hot spring and a tourist site . And famous for head hunters aka terrorist back in the 90s . Thanks again winners58 at least somebody here the real deal

OP
OP
I

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
I have another question i noticed in the area of where this sand comes from there a very high rate of birth defects i seen this first hand . After reading some articles about Coal , Copper, Cobalt ...and they mention Pb , Cd Cr, Hg ...Large scale mining was done in this area 50-100 years ago on Cu , Au .. All the core assays i read about in the area i didn't see any thing radioactive . Iron and gossin rock is very common and hot springs . Am not blaming mining on the birth defects . Could this chemical mess be the cause ? my teacher says there more mercury in my mouth and don't worry about it . He also stated New jersey is worse then here . If mining make things worse this might be even a bigger problem . Any comments are welcomed

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was wondering on what method of extraction one would use on heavy black sand with a Assay of Au 12 ppm , Pd 5 ppm , Pt 20 ppm ?
What method would have the least overhead for equipment and materials ?
What method would be the most profitable with unlimited ore ?
What size should the ore be sized to for these methods ?
Gravity , mercury , cyanide , roasts , acids , borax , bleach , etc are some of the methods legal or illegal i don't care . What the best is all that matters . Any thoughts would be helpful
One important fact you to failed to provide, is your assay based on per ton, pounds or troy ounces, there are so many methods to mine legally without all the chemicals,

OP
OP
I

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
Am not a miner but on this side of the world its PPM on i think 30 gram sample , if the assay was done by other methods the sample would be 50 grams or a kilo . My teacher said that its not worth the investment of a flask of mercury and a ball mill the assay has to be much higher on a small scale . This answered all my questions on y no small scale miners bothers with the sand . What u see on u tube those panners with a bubble of mercury they make what 5 greenbacks a day maybe and are treated like dogs by the people in charge .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread