Magnetometer Wisdom Needed...PLEASE!!!

Greek_Hunter

Jun 30, 2020
CT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, I am not an expert on Magnetometer but I feel like I need one. I've been told by friends (all hunters) that a magnetometer will definitely help me locate burial grounds and especially if the items in the graves are of a fair size. I was told also that one can even help me with locating a void in the ground. Some have suggested the ATOMS Proton Magnetometer. This will be my first Magnetometer and the first time I'll ever use one so I really need all the help that I can get and of course your patience with the lack of knowledge that I have! I thank you all in advance.

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
A magnetometer will detect magnetic anomalies.

Why do you want to find burial grounds?

A nearby property owner heard, when he bought the property, that there was an unmarked family graveyard near one of the older barns. He had a professional come in with a ground penetrating radar to locate below ground anomalies to help determine exact location so he could fence it off.

OP
OP
Greek_Hunter

Greek_Hunter

Jun 30, 2020
CT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
People who dig up graves to steal from the dead are evil, in my opinion.

Time for more coffee.

OP
OP
Greek_Hunter

Greek_Hunter

Jun 30, 2020
CT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People who dig up graves to steal from the dead are evil, in my opinion.
I'm sorry you feel that way and you obviously don't know me but I do not steal from graves but simply trying to find certain Turkish Gold Liras that was a tactic for them to hide them in Bey's grave also (Bey is an Ottoman and Turkish term for a tribal chieftain and Islamic official)! My dear Galenrog, don't jump to conclusions because your knowledge is limited in certain aspects of treasure hunting!!!

P.S. "There is only one good, knowledge and one bad, ignorance." - Socrates

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
I'm sorry you feel that way and you obviously don't know me but I do not steal from graves but simply trying to find certain Turkish Gold Liras...

"Grave robbery, tomb robbing, or tomb raiding is the act of uncovering a grave, tomb or crypt to steal matter. It is usually perpetrated to take and profit from valuable artefacts or personal effects"

Frame it anyway you want but you are opening up graves and taking things out of them...or hope to.
You are a grave robber.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Grave robbery, tomb robbing, or tomb raiding is the act of uncovering a grave, tomb or crypt to steal matter. It is usually perpetrated to take and profit from valuable artefacts or personal effects"

Frame it anyway you want but you are opening up graves and taking things out of them...or hope to.
You are a grave robber.

also often mislabeled as archeologists :laughing7:

OP
OP
Greek_Hunter

Greek_Hunter

Jun 30, 2020
CT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry that people feel this way but I'm most certainly not in here to argue with anyone. I will say that I understand for the most part people in the US where there's not a long history of treasure hunting and the styles are much limited than in Europe where thieves would hide their treasures in notable graves and of course leave maps of it behind. I'm sure if a map like that would fall in one's hands, they will try to follow thru to uncover!! If one wants to disagree with that than I'll just say, SURE!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions