Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always open them. Some people used them to put coins or stamps in. I never found anything other than old make up or the remnants of the applicator, but you never know.....

OP
OP
S

Spill

Oct 15, 2022
I always open them. Some people used them to put coins or stamps in. I never found anything other than old make up or the remnants of the applicator, but you never know.....
How do you do it? I don't want to break it but I would love to have a look inside. It's pretty crusty.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you do it? I don't want to break it but I would love to have a look inside. It's pretty crusty.

I just pry them open by working with a knife somewhat gently. Of course it could scratch it or the hinge might break, but really what have you lost? It's not like they're valuable or good for anything. I've got boxes of stuff like that I've found stored in a cabinet that I haven't looked at in years. The older I get the more I realize that in a sense, I'm just storing trash. All that stuff doesn't mean anything to anyone but me and will likely be thrown away when I'm gone anyways.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread