Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is it just me or does anyone else find the Nokta/Makro commercials offensive. I understand that they are trying to get back at another detector company saying that their product obsoletes the single frequency machines, but those commercials don't make me feel the love for the product. In fact they are pretty hostile. Like the Makro Kruzer commercial from earlier. In that one the guy finds trash and just throws it back on the ground, are you kidding me? I do believe that Nokta/Makro listens to its customers so maybe they'll listen to this: Find actors who are likable, who can act and know how to swing a detector. Don't make them hostile and use the merits of your company great reputation while not stomping all over others products. Show that they respect the environment and each other. I think if you do this you'll get more people interested in your products, not just the people who already know how great they are.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I didn’t watch the commercial, if I want a detector it’s by the spec sheet “ brochure “ and from comments from fellow detectorists I know and respect on the forums. I don’t know who the commercial is aimed at.

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
White's Coinmaster 6000D (have had for decades)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had never considered buying any Nokta detector, but after reading the pre-launch hype the Legend was receiving online, I began thinking it could be a worthwhile purchase once released.

However, after watching their commercial and launch video, as well as several follow-up videos attempting to justify the way the release was handled, it completely turned me off to the idea of ever buying one. It's not a good look for any company and makes me wonder about the company as a whole.

I spent almost 30 years in marketing, advertising, and public relations, with my last position as COO running a group of three marketing companies before retiring 17 years ago and this has been a PR and marketing disaster in my opinion.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My opinion the Nokta/Macro videos are no different than the comment Minelab made about making all other detectors obsolete i use a Xterra 705 still to this day and feel that it is still a vary capable detector, I have always felt the 705 was one of the most underrated detectors to be produced and my mind has never changed on that thinking have never read anything about the Equinox that has made me feel i needed to upgrade to the Equinox i truly believe with the Xterra 705 I can still hunt with the best of them
I do not own a Nokta/macro machine but i am seriously thinking about purchasing the new legend when they are available, not because I believe I need to upgrade but because as old as my 705 is I never know when it will finally quit working I purchased my 705 back in 2010, have never had an issue with the 705 other than I hate changing coils to change frequencies i hunt in, even that never made me feel i needed to upgrade to the Equinox
I will wait to purchase the Legend once I see some real world reviews of it though

Does anyone have a clue as to when the legend will start being delivered to those that chose to pre order

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They easily stand on their merits without the pre-fight stuff, I'm excited for them

OP
OP
Dr. Witty

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am also excited for them, they have come a long way from their humble beginnings, and they listen to feedback from their customers, I just don't think the commercial is very respectful. I heard that by mid-December preorders will be shipping, and that they will be flown in and not stuck in some port until hell freezes over. Not sure if that's a fact though. Personally I will hold out until next year. I'd like to see the reviews from Terry, and Calabash first. I also want to make sure it will be compatible with my Garrett Carrot, plus I'm still enjoying the Kruzer with the AF 28 coil, going over my sites and digging the Iffys.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They make good detectors, but I agree, the commercial is horrible.

Time for them to find a new ad agency..

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never owned a Nokta brand anything. It's always been Garrett in the beginning, then Minelabs. I need another detector like I want another bump on the head, but I did pre-order a Legend during a weak moment in late Nov., and have thought about canceling the order, but have not done so yet. Guess I just want that "New Detector Smell" thing. But Pre-order? Never...but I did. Just contacted Kellyco yesterday and no, they have not received them yet, but did say they are to be flown in, not shipped by boat. The commercial's?, pretty bad I thought, and the one where the guy digs a bottle cap on the beach, and throws it back? come on. I do recall other commercial's from other brands that were really pretty bad themselves. So much thought going into a detector, so little thought given to the making of good and informative commercial's in general. I to would look forward to a review by Terry and/or Calabash, I value what they offer. Will I cancel? I guess not, why? beats the hell out of me fella's, guess I just like looking at the other "7" hanging on the wall, my last new toy just for me. Could switch to a different one each week just for the heck of it, the last 4 or 5 at least. My wife did say that there is something not quite right with me at times. Hmmm....

Jason-ks

May 2, 2012
N.E. Kansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, CTX, eTrac, Explorer XS, Minelab ProFind 25, NEL Tornado Coil, NEL Snake Coil.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My opinion the Nokta/Macro videos are no different than the comment Minelab made about making all other detectors obsolete i use a Xterra 705 still to this day and feel that it is still a vary capable detector, I have always felt the 705 was one of the most underrated detectors to be produced and my mind has never changed on that thinking have never read anything about the Equinox that has made me feel i needed to upgrade to the Equinox i truly believe with the Xterra 705 I can still hunt with the best of them
I do not own a Nokta/macro machine but i am seriously thinking about purchasing the new legend when they are available, not because I believe I need to upgrade but because as old as my 705 is I never know when it will finally quit working I purchased my 705 back in 2010, have never had an issue with the 705 other than I hate changing coils to change frequencies i hunt in, even that never made me feel i needed to upgrade to the Equinox
I will wait to purchase the Legend once I see some real world reviews of it though

Does anyone have a clue as to when the legend will start being delivered to those that chose to pre order
They're currently testing this new unit and plan for a mid to late January release. Their company announced that the first wave of units will go to the US but only time will tell. I personally can't wait to try this unit out and see what the Legend is all about. ✌️

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I did do a pre order also, Not to upgrade anything I have but because i have not purchased a new detector in 7 or 8 years the machines i currently use I purchased in 2010 the last new detector i purchased was when the GM 1000(Gold Monster ) came out so I figured at the price point the legend is being offered I pulled the trigger on it looking forward to seeing what this new tech can do
do I think it will make my other detectors obsolete absolutely not, I have always wanted to try a Nokta/Macro so I pre ordered looking forward to getting my hands on it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread