Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Richard, gotta hand it to you. I fell in love the with Simplex SP-24 coil and so for the Legend I held out for the Pro Pack with the 6" coil. I used that smaller coil on a dozen hunts and did pretty well. I thought I should get a feel for the larger coil, so I threw the stock coil on and wow. Silver on 3 of my last 4 outings and I haven't changed anything else.
Whoo-hooo! What SW release are you operating at?

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whoo-hooo! What SW release are you operating at?
1.05. Still learning the legend but for my trashy urban areas I have been running Park mode, 60 tone, 30 sensitivity, 10 recovery speed. I do noise cancellation and ground tracking at the start of the hunt, and I am still impressed with the improved headphones.

U.B.

Apr 27, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1.05. Still learning the legend but for my trashy urban areas I have been running Park mode, 60 tone, 30 sensitivity, 10 recovery speed. I do noise cancellation and ground tracking at the start of the hunt, and I am still impressed with the improved headphones.
You’ve kicked in the turbocharger! At those settings, you better have an energy drink; before you start. You’ll want to be able to keep up. 😄

Capncrunch

Mar 25, 2020
KCMO Area
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 5000, Fisher F22, Quest X10, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Richard, gotta hand it to you. I fell in love the with Simplex SP-24 coil and so for the Legend I held out for the Pro Pack with the 6" coil. I used that smaller coil on a dozen hunts and did pretty well. I thought I should get a feel for the larger coil, so I threw the stock coil on and wow. Silver on 3 of my last 4 outings and I haven't changed anything else.
IDK why the bigger coils seem to find the silver better, but that has been my experience with the Simplex, too. I hunt over the SP24 but ALWAYS take the 11" SP28 over the same ground, and it is about 10 to 1 better on the silver dimes! These all came from one yard with the SP28, AFTER running the SP24 over it TWICE. Can't wait to do the same with the Legend (arriving tomorrow)!

Attachments

• 07-05-21 Randy's Dimes.jpg
    07-05-21 Randy's Dimes.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 35

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IDK why the bigger coils seem to find the silver better, but that has been my experience with the Simplex, too. I hunt over the SP24 but ALWAYS take the 11" SP28 over the same ground, and it is about 10 to 1 better on the silver dimes! These all came from one yard with the SP28, AFTER running the SP24 over it TWICE. Can't wait to do the same with the Legend (arriving tomorrow)!
Loved that Simplex, Love the Legend more.......excited for you to give it a maiden voyage. Quarter Hoarder has an excellent tutorial video for setup instructions.

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent a few hours at a playground yesterday just so that I could start hearing coin tones. I was using six tone but honestly could only really hear three. Pennies are obnoxiously loud and sound too high to me. I will play with adjustments at some point. Dimes rang up 46-50 but sounded like pennies. Clad quarters had a beautiful high tone.

Headphones were amazingly comfortable, but I did discover one issue for those of us whose hearing isnt the best. Really hard to hear my pinpointer - an older black Garrett. I have to remember to take my headphones off when I dig or else get a louder pinpointer with a louder volume or stronger vibration.
Not familiar with the older pinpointer you mentioned, but I just rely on my Garrett carrot's vibrations. I don't wear my hearing aids with the headphones so the vibrations probably work better for me on the beach with the wind and surf noise even if I did take the headphones off. Sounds like (pun intended) your Legend is treating you right.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions