Man made Lake hunt

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday went out with the ATP trying out new setting using Iron Audio and pulled up clad along with a 1954 Dime!!!! Woohoo!
Using the iron audio helped me distinguish more slaw...or did it? 😳
I'm used to digging everything but the beer tops were getting annoying!
Set it in Pro Coin 35 discrim + IA. Still learning and having a blast!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1418585509.248376.jpg

Upvote 0

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro Excaliburll AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a bad day. I always hunt in the Pro coin and Jewelry with iron set at 35. To each his own. Cannot stand the noise in Pro zero.

OP
OP
DiggerGal

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The chatter on Pro Coin with 35 Disc is trying for sure...I am trying to discriminate bottle caps out...they are everywhere! Iron audio helps with the change in tone as well as the numeric change. Still learning here trying to find the best setting related to the hunt. On the ATP I don't have a "Jewelry" setting, just Zero, Coin and Custom. Haven't found any jewelry yet....hmmmm.

Backstrap80

May 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mus, you should get a bouncing # but more important and the easiest for me is they will have a sligh ceackle in the audio.the ones bent in half are real tuff. they hit like silver or Ile dollars.

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a coin finding machine once you get the hang of it I promise you that.

OP
OP
DiggerGal

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone! The iron audio feature helped a lot. I think my ears get fatigued before my arm does. Nickels are tough for me, they ring at 52 the same as a pull tab or 1 above it.

CladGrabber

Oct 10, 2013
Tulsa Ok
Detector(s) used
AT PRO...Equinox 800...garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone! The iron audio feature helped a lot. I think my ears get fatigued before my arm does. Nickels are tough for me, they ring at 52 the same as a pull tab or 1 above it.

Solid 52-53=nickle if it jumps up to 54,55,56,57 pull tab

OP
OP
DiggerGal

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol. Man if it was that easy..... ;)

So if I am understanding correctly, in order to find "Gold" I'm going to have to dig a lot of pull tabs! How does a Gold coin ring in? Man oh man!!! I just love this hobby!!!

OP
OP
DiggerGal

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is awesome Perses! Is there a distinguishing tone between 10k, 14k, gold etc.?

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So if I am understanding correctly, in order to find "Gold" I'm going to have to dig a lot of pull tabs! How does a Gold coin ring in? Man oh man!!! I just love this hobby!!!

Yeah lots of tabs, nickels, can slaw, foil, etc. Gold rings will vary depending on caret, size, weight, depth, angle also. My wedding bands have ID'd slightly higher than a nickel. Large gold like class rings can be much higher, while toe rings and thin diamond rings much lower. There is no formula per say so there is no reason to try to figure it out. You have to dig the whole range and get lucky a little too. There are so many different types of tabs that they can come in all over the place. Then there's the bent ones and the ones cut in half.... If it was easy.... Well you know the rest. Good luck out there!

OP
OP
DiggerGal

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really appreciate your tips! Thank you and I can't wait to try them out this weekend!

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a bad day. I always hunt in the Pro coin and Jewelry with iron set at 35. To each his own. Cannot stand the noise in Pro zero.

Just before freeze up I was running, balanced, Pro Zero and notched out 65 and under, in an old school yard. I was still able to pull out nice older silvers and deep old quiet signal pennies. It is a peaceful way for me to use the machine in a hi trash location. I love those softer repeatable signals.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread