Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It has been released, and units are trickling out slowly to distributors and dealers, and into the hands of a few lucky customers...

Steve

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the 600, 700, 800 and 900 what's the deal with this machine? I haven't kept us as I am not in the market for a machine?

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good question, I would like to know myself the differences between the manticore and the equinox line.

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With the 600, 700, 800 and 900 what's the deal with this machine? I haven't kept us as I am not in the market for a machine?
smokey, the 700 is the "updated" version of the 600, and the 900 the updated version of the 800.

All of the complaints about the "build" aspects of the 600 and 800 (crappy shaft, weak coil ears, leak issues) have been addressed/fixed; the new 700 and 900 come with a 3-piece telescopic carbon-fiber shaft, the coil ears have been improved, and the units are now officially IP68-rated (16' depth, I believe, though not a water hunter so don't quote me on that).

Along with fixing those things that were issues with the prior generation, they've changed/updated a few other "physical" things (handle angle, arm cuff, etc.), AND they've added a few other features...including expanded VDI range, some improvements in EMI handling, rumors of a bit faster processor, flashlight, vibrating handle, etc.

Good question, I would like to know myself the differences between the manticore and the equinox line.

The Manticore includes all of the above "physical" or "build" features, that are included on the new Equinoxes. In terms of features/performance, the Manticore adds (above and beyond the features/capabilities of 700/900), a 2D full-color screen with target trace feature, based on a FE-CO ID system (similar to FBS units), and an improved "engine" (i.e. Multi-IQ+ vs. the original Multi-IQ that powers the Equinox). This new "Multi-IQ+" engine is said to include more sophisticated EMI handling, more "power" (perhaps including some additional "transmit power"), and other, additional engineered performance features that have been developed and/or refined over the past several years since the Equinox's release.

Steve

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Joe77

Jan 24, 2022
I have a 900 and it’s a great machine and finding coins and artifacts that were missed by my Deus 2 the only difference is the screen as far as I can see

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Manticore is going to give you target trace (I believe that's what their calling it) which is very similar to the Etrac/CTX line-up. I don't thing the technology has changed much with faster processors and small color screens your getting a faster lighter E-trac/Nox Hybrid. I've seen several videos of the machine IDing multiple targets at the same time both Ferrous and Non-Ferrous. Additionally it's appears to be really adept at showing target size. I don't know of any other machine that could do this is as well as the Manticore from the videos I've been watching. So far I haven't seen much I don't like about this machine... Other than the price tag.

Last edited:

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Finally got mine from Inland Empire detectors in Spokane today

pspr

May 24, 2012
Flower Mound, Texas
Detector(s) used
Manticore
Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
Other
Finally got mine from Inland Empire detectors in Spokane today
Minelab Americas seems to still be trickling them out from the shipment they received on 12/20/22. They don't want to make too many people happy all at once.

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got mine so I’m happy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread