Marathon driving and a slight heart attack!

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hey Gang!
The weather was beautiful today so I geared up and took off in yet another direction to find new ground. I mapped out several stops for the day. I started out really good finding my first school. I bypassed the High School (folks were there), and circled back to the Elem. School instead. Things started out real slow there, but quickly picked up when I started hitting quarters. Cha-ching! Then I found the heart stopping ring!! Thought it was going to be another nickel, but when I pulled it up and brushed it off, I was shocked and disappointed all at once. It was a big dud!! 100% fake! BOOOOOO!! :P

The rest of my trip today basically consisted of trying to find a lake park. The further I went, the most lost I became!! Every time I came to a new stoplight, I always made the wrong turn. Man, something has happened to my navigational skills. Eventually, I found the lake and it turned out to be a huge disappointment! I starting hitting new parks and schools that I haven't been to on the trip back home. I got pretty lucky at one Elementary school. Found a decent amount of clad, and one of those nifty dollar coins! WooHoo. My second one! I also found a 1943 wartime nickel and one 1953 wheatie.

Not a bad day with a total clad count of $8.80. I won't even say how many miles I drove for that! ::)

Thanks for reading my little post and Happy Hunting to all!
Moon

Attachments

• IMG_1728.JPG
    IMG_1728.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 709
  • IMG_1724.JPG
    IMG_1724.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 705
  • IMG_1725.JPG
    IMG_1725.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 714
  • IMG_1726.JPG
    IMG_1726.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 705
  • IMG_1727.JPG
    IMG_1727.JPG
    12 KB · Views: 706
Upvote 0

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I can see why Moon....Nice pick-up on the clad and the Wartime.Sorry about the ring though....Glad you got out for the Marathon!!!

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, even a fake ring is fun to find :) Congrats on the clad (I think you're the first person I've seen who has posted one of the new $1 coins) and finding your way around ;)

Did you use Google Earth to check out the sites before embarking on your journey? I know that GE can be deceiving...looks a lot different at ground level sometimes.

HH!
TBGO

OP
OP
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
The Beep Goes On said:
Did you use Google Earth to check out the sites before embarking on your journey? I know that GE can be deceiving...looks a lot different at ground level sometimes.

HH!
TBGO

Hey TBGO.....I did try Microsoft Virtual Earth, but I basically went by the Google directions. That might explain why I spent three hours turning around in circles! >:(

Thanks for your reply and HH!!
Moon

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds Moon! Glad you could get out in the nice weather! Kinda scary getting lost, I've done that more than a few times myself (when I began to expand my boundaries). That's great on the war nickel (I've only found 2 in my life). I like that ring, whether or not it's real, it is what it is!

Best of luck and be sure to take the cell phone with you when you travel.

Nat

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
just think, if you could find that amount of clad everytime you went out, you could almost pay for the gas.
I wish I could have days like that, good job

OP
OP
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Natman said:
Best of luck and be sure to take the cell phone with you when you travel.

Nat

Thanks for the replies........Nat, I wish that was a luxury I could afford :-\. I eventually get back on the right track. Obviously, or I wouldn't be sitting here now! ;D. I'm off to some more schools today........wish me luck!

HH,
Moon

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Moon,
Did you check that GW dollar out for the edge lettering? If it does not have any it is worth some bucks,
You did good except for getting lost.lol
Tennessee Joe

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Moon,

Yup, I can see where that ring coulda caused a momentary, slight heart attack!
8.80......wow!.........that's almost 3 gallons of gas :) :(
HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread