Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I just read Vol. 2 ofThe Best of MArx and was wondering if the rest of the Maravillas was ever located
Couldn't find anything on TN either. Im sure the Golden Madonna is on bedrock by now.
I talked to Bob before he passed away about the Marivilla. He said the bulk of it is still there. Problem is the sand is 30 feet deep.

OP
OP
bobinsd

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I talked to Bob before he passed away about the Marivilla. He said the bulk of it is still there. Problem is the sand is 30 feet deep.
In Bobs 1982 article he says he found the anchor of the main section and recorded the coords. Do you know if he ever went back? Apparently he did but I guess he found nada.
But the solid gold lifesize Madonna is still there! Sory, I repeated what you already.said, but did he look?

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
In Bobs 1982 article he says he found the anchor of the main section and recorded the coords. Do you know if he ever went back? Apparently he did but I guess he found nada.
But the solid gold lifesize Madonna is still there! Sory, I repeated what you already.said, but did he look?
No, Bob was accused of stealing artifacts and kicked out of the Bahamas.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Our Lady of Wonders"... which is the translation...
The ship was salvaged by a treasure hunting company named Marex, allegedly after problems with the Bahamian government lead to the interdiction of Robert Marx’s work.

Although a picture of its alleged keel has been published (Marx 1982, 237) it seems that its cargo has never been found.

636524891961643864-herbo3.jpg

Actress Cybill Shepherd on the television show Jay Leno, in 1982, promoting the treasure hunting venture by wearing a cross found on the shipwreck.
Stories of the treasure have circulated widely in the popular media, as it often happens, but because they are fabricated with fund raising intent, these stories can never be taken at face value.

It is difficult to say what was found.

For unedited and the biased article - https://shiplib.org/index.php/shipw...-world/nuestra-senora-de-las-maravillas-1656/

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carl Allen, and Dan porter are working it now. They are permitted by the bahamas....rumor is that many coins are being found.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Our Lady of Wonders"... which is the translation...
The ship was salvaged by a treasure hunting company named Marex, allegedly after problems with the Bahamian government lead to the interdiction of Robert Marx’s work.

Although a picture of its alleged keel has been published (Marx 1982, 237) it seems that its cargo has never been found.

636524891961643864-herbo3.jpg

Actress Cybill Shepherd on the television show Jay Leno, in 1982, promoting the treasure hunting venture by wearing a cross found on the shipwreck.
Stories of the treasure have circulated widely in the popular media, as it often happens, but because they are fabricated with fund raising intent, these stories can never be taken at face value.

It is difficult to say what was found.

For unedited and the biased article - https://shiplib.org/index.php/shipw...-world/nuestra-senora-de-las-maravillas-1656/
What an article....very anti treasure !!

WaveJunky757

Jan 31, 2018
Virginia Beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carl Allen, and Dan porter are working it now. They are permitted by the bahamas....rumor is that many coins are being found.
That’s interesting news! Wish we had some more news. Sounds like they cut a good deal with the government down there.

I believe I have read several stories on this forum of people going over from Florida and snooping around illegally. Seems like the “cords” are out there... Doesn’t take long to go there and back in the boats available these days.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread