Marcs "NEW TERMS FOR THE CLASSIFIEDS"

Status
Not open for further replies.

climac

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2010
Re: Marcs "NEW TERMS FOR THE CLASSIFIEDS"

DD-777 said:
When I buy from here (and I do often), I feel pretty good knowing that everyone I deal with is a straight shooter. If not, the word gets around fast and whoever the "bad apple" is - gets thrown from the tree very quickly.
How is the word going to get around now? How many buyers will pay so they can post a feedback thread?

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Over the River and thru the Woods...
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro

dladams76 said:
it seems to me that its going the way of everything else in this seemingly doomed nation....its all about the almighty dollar!especially at a time when a lot of the people trying to sell detectors are doing it because they are out of work..i am fortunate enough to have a decent job at the moment,but believe me i have been in some pretty tight spots.this will be my last visit to this forum and yes i will go sell on ebay in the future (or the other sites that do not charge)and i will pay the fees but i will also get more for my merchandise..a lot of people on here sell at a cheaper price just because you have a sense of who is buying it.youve seen their names and read their posts.the same detector might get passed around to 3 or 4 people.and yes i do apreciate you "looking out for me"but your no different than the scammer.you just want your cut it seems.

I'm not trying to cause any grief here but as a regular buyer/seller on ebay - I definitely do not get more for my merchandise. If anything, there are far more "headaches" that go along with posting there. ESPECIALLY if your selling a detector. You have the people that have no idea what they're selling and they're asking WAY too much and then the people that are just trying to dump it that go rock bottom (often times the machines are broken as well). That does not make for a positive selling experience when your selling the same model...LOL

In your stating that you "get more for your merchandise", are you too, "no different than the scammer"? You "just want your cut" as well, right? I like selling here because it's a great feeling knowing the person your selling your machine to will most likely post their finds here as well. From a machine that you sold them. I have made some fantastic friendships here just from selling alone (not to mention from PM's and postings). That's something that most likely will not happen on ebay. I liken it to buying from a big box store (very impersonal/poor communication) to buying from a small town shop (great communication and repeat business/friendships).

Besides, most of the problems from scammers here have been related to the sale of silver coins and such. I have yet to hear of anyone getting the shaft from buying a detector (and I hope not to here any such story).

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dladams76 said:
it seems to me that its going the way of everything else in this seemingly doomed nation....its all about the almighty dollar!especially at a time when a lot of the people trying to sell detectors are doing it because they are out of work..i am fortunate enough to have a decent job at the moment,but believe me i have been in some pretty tight spots.this will be my last visit to this forum and yes i will go sell on ebay in the future (or the other sites that do not charge)and i will pay the fees but i will also get more for my merchandise..a lot of people on here sell at a cheaper price just because you have a sense of who is buying it.youve seen their names and read their posts.the same detector might get passed around to 3 or 4 people.and yes i do apreciate you "looking out for me"but your no different than the scammer.you just want your cut it seems.

What a bunch of BS...... Sellers set the price, if no one buys it, they can either lower it or take it some where else to sell, it is their choice and it is no big deal. Hell, I was out of work for almost 2 years after being laid off after being injured on the job, I lost almost $200,000 when Worldcom went under and 16 years of retirment benifits.... I know as much about being in a tight spot as anyone here and more then a lot of people.

If that is the way you feel about TN bye bye and it is sure as h3ll is no loss to TN....... :hello: ..........

My apologies to Marc for my comments.

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro

climac said:
DD-777 said:
When I buy from here (and I do often), I feel pretty good knowing that everyone I deal with is a straight shooter. If not, the word gets around fast and whoever the "bad apple" is - gets thrown from the tree very quickly.
How is the word going to get around now? How many buyers will pay so they can post a feedback thread?

You don't need to be a charter to buy. Just post for sale. You wouldn't have to pay to leave feedback. Quite frankly you don't have to leave feedback at all. If you bought something and had a positive experience, PM the seller and say thanks. If you feel like you have been wronged, post it.

The word gets around because for the most part, we all know each other (as far as the "regulars" go). If someone has a legitimately bad buying/selling experience with another member - it gets around.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

climac said:
DD-777 said:

You can post feedback in the original thread, such as this one that was just done:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,386394.0.html

As far as Non-Charter members being able to start a feedback thread. That idea, a feedback type of area, has already been raised among Marc and the Mods but not acted on either way at this point.

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro

DigginThePast said:
climac said:
DD-777 said:

You can post feedback in the original thread, such as this one that was just done:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,386394.0.html

As far as Non-Charter members being able to start a feedback thread. That idea, a feedback type of area, has already been raised among Marc and the Mods but not acted on either way at this point.

:icon_thumright:

BERT

Jun 23, 2008
Detector(s) used
Etrac--G2--GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

How do you pay for a years charter membership?---I have been a member on this forum for three years in June but I don't have paypal.--------BERT

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BERT said:
How do you pay for a years charter membership?---I have been a member on this forum for three years in June but I don't have paypal.--------BERT

Payment can also be made with a credit or debit card.

Deftone

Jan 10, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If you've already posted an ad here, and you are not a Charter Member, you can still delete your own ad.

I dunno. This seems a little silly to me. You have moderators to look after things. You listed warnings for selling and this n that. I'm sure there are things you can do to keep it free. I always thought it was about the hobby.

I always check it out to see what cool deals are going on. But since we are being ridiculous how about we keep the dealers in the dealers section. I always see a good deal but a dealer snags it before my pay check comes in then it gets posted for a few bucks more later.. Just a question... What is the majority here? No hard feelings. ???

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro

Deftone said:
If you've already posted an ad here, and you are not a Charter Member, you can still delete your own ad.

I dunno. This seems a little silly to me. You have moderators to look after things. You listed warnings for selling and this n that. I'm sure there are things you can do to keep it free. I always thought it was about the hobby.

I always check it out to see what cool deals are going on. But since we are being ridiculous how about we keep the dealers in the dealers section. I always see a good deal but a dealer snags it before my pay check comes in then it gets posted for a few bucks more later.. Just a question... What is the majority here? No hard feelings. ???

If you see a good deal that you want to snap up, PM the member that is selling the item and see if they can hold the item (only if you are absolutely buying it and within a reasonable time frame). I have on more than one occasion, posted the sale as pending and held the item for the member until payment was made. Never had a problem with it... :icon_thumright:

Deftone

Jan 10, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I made another post but I hope this is the one that goes through..Who is bbqcity and why must we take in what he says? If you have an agenda at least go through with it. ya pm the guy ya do this do that... Oh wait they are paying now my bad. I'm sorry but this whole deal seems fishy. sorry :-\

DD-777 said:
Deftone said:

If you see a good deal that you want to snap up, PM the member that is selling the item and see if they can hold the item (only if you are absolutely buying it and within a reasonable time frame). I have on more than one occasion, posted the sale as pending and held the item for the member until payment was made. Never had a problem with it... :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BERT said:

Bert,

If you don't have Paypal and you don't want to use your credit card (some people don't like using their credit card on line) you can send me a IM telling me you want to join, then send me a M.O. and I will use my paypal to sign you up, I have done so many times for many members, include with your M.O. your username for here, and send it with delivery confirmation to protect bothof us.. When you IM me telling me you want to join, I will reply with my mailing address........

If your concerned about sending me money, I am sure there are members who will vouch for me......

PAPPYGOL

May 15, 2008
niles ohio
Detector(s) used
grand master hunter cx2 ,,. , fisher 1235x 1236x2, 2 coin computers, garrett freedom 3.

i dont think alot of people understand what marcs is trying to do. he isnt trying to (make money), first off you guys talk about the country going down hill. well a big part of us going to the dogs, is scammers and ripoffs. people stealing your credit card number, or ss number, identity, thats rises the cost of everything in the country. from milk and eggs to gas, right now gas here is $3.39 a gallon. and growing. if you go to ebay, fine. but you will pay way more than 20 bucks to list there for a year. and what kind of friends do you make. none, see if you can talk to any of them about treasure hunting. and when you need some advice about a machine your thinking about buying, just ask the ebayer your buying it from. he will tell you its the best you can get at any price, i promise. so, if you really think about it. $20.00 for a whole year of selling, buying, trading, plus a whole bunch of great people that will bend over backwards to help you when you need it, and you know your in a safe place to do your selling and trading, IS PRICELESS think about it!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If I am selling something the first member that replies is who I will sell it to, if someone replies they want to buy, but can't make payment till next Friday when they get paid I would hold it for them till then, I have done so in the past and will do so in the future.....

If someone buys something here for $200 and then turns around and wants to sell it for $250 3 weeks later it is up to the new buyers if they wants to pay more for it, they may have got a great deal for it, I am the one who decides if I want to buy something and what I am willing to pay....

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

PAPPYGOL said:
i dont think alot of people understand what marcs is trying to do. he isnt trying to (make money), first off you guys talk about the country going down hill. well a big part of us going to the dogs, is scammers and ripoffs. people stealing your credit card number, or ss number, identity, thats rises the cost of everything in the country. from milk and eggs to gas, right now gas here is $3.39 a gallon. and growing. if you go to ebay, fine. but you will pay way more than 20 bucks to list there for a year. and what kind of friends do you make. none, see if you can talk to any of them about treasure hunting. and when you need some advice about a machine your thinking about buying, just ask the ebayer your buying it from. he will tell you its the best you can get at any price, i promise. so, if you really think about it. $20.00 for a whole year of selling, buying, trading, plus a whole bunch of great people that will bend over backwards to help you when you need it, and you know your in a safe place to do your selling and trading, IS PRICELESS think about it!!!!!!!!

Poppygol is right, the selling fee on an auction that sells for $500 is $45 on ebay, their current fees are .09% and that doesn't include the insertion fees etc. One detector sold on ebay will cost you more then a years worth of selling here.

Here is link to ebay fees.... http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Deftone said:
I made another post but I hope this is the one that goes through..Who is bbqcity and why must we take in what he says? If you have an agenda at least go through with it. ya pm the guy ya do this do that... Oh wait they are paying now my bad. I'm sorry but this whole deal seems fishy. sorry :-\

DD-777 said:
Deftone said:

DD-777 is just telling you how it has worked for years here, and what he told you is the truth he has no agenda.

When something goes up for sale many times there are several people or more who reply almost at the same time, some only reply on the thread itself, others will send a private IM and not leave a post on the thread. Most of us will look at the time stamp of the IM and the thread and who ever replied first, is first in line, if they say yes then change their mind then the next earliest reply is next in line.....

Most of us will hold a detector if someone asks us to, not required, but most of us will.....

PAPPYGOL

May 15, 2008
niles ohio
Detector(s) used
grand master hunter cx2 ,,. , fisher 1235x 1236x2, 2 coin computers, garrett freedom 3.

THEN YOU HAVE TO PAY PAYPAL TOO!!!!!!!!!. ANOTHER 20 BUCKS!!!!!!, THAT IS ABOUT 3 YEARS ON TREASURE NET. NOW WHERE IS THE BETTER DEAL????

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

climac said:
It boggles my mind that anyone would think that punishing the many for the actions of the few would contribute to anything but the further decline of this forum. I can understand the position of all of the charter member who responded in a positive manner to this thread and will benefit from the smaller marketplace. Shop around folks. Sellers, post your stuff on other forums. If you want to pay fees, go to eBay.

I AGREE! If all you are doing here at TreasureNet is posting classified ads, then you are NOT at the right place!

TreasureNet is for TREASURE HUNTERS... it's for people who research, dream, then follow their dreams....

Letting the world post free classified ads about anything and everything is not good for TreasureNet's identity.

So now, if Charter Members want to sell a detector or two, they can do it where it's on topic, and guaranteed to stand out. Simple.

So please... if you are "a seller", making your living posting classified ads on the internet, there are CERTAINLY other ways to do it.

If you come to TreasureNet because you enjoy the subject of treasure, and like TreasureNet's style and content, AND want to get the little extras, like real time posts, more pm's, free classifieds, chat and more, AND you want to see TreasureNet continue, then Charter Memberships is for you! :icon_thumleft:

I am locking this topic. Thanks for all your comments... and may all your dreams come true! 8)

Marc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread