Marines!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Muscles Are Required Intelligence Not Essential -- An old Army axiom. :laughing7::icon_thumright:

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I charge, follow me.
If I retreat, kill me.
If I die, avenge me.
OORAH!

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the throw-back memories TerryC! I was Army, so I've heard what Terry Soloman said many times. VN, 1st Cav Div (AM) 1966-67.

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
I retired 26 years ago from a large international corporation. Most of my time there I worked with a Navy vet. He told me the Marines were not as tough as they think they are, but they believe they are that tough and so does everyone else, so they always win. :D

I also worked with a woman who was a Marine vet. She said she had to go through roughly the same basic training as the men, though her service was as a journalist. She said her female sergeant told them at this time female Marines are not normally assigned to combat duty, but if by accident you experience combat, you are first a Marine, and second, a woman. After the battle is over, and you win, -- for of course you will win -- then you can have a good cry, but not until you win. First, a Marine, then a woman.

I had a cousin I never met. He was a Marine, on a Pacific Island. My house is torn up for security modifications, but my poor memory suggests if was Bougainville. Records show that at the time he was killed, perhaps April 1944 (?) the Marines had turned the island over to the Army, but he was part of an anti-aircraft unit, one of those you see in old movies where the gunner moves with his seat, back and forth as the enemy flies over. So, he stayed on the island. The last day before the Japanese left, he was killed. His sign on his funeral tent, said they called him Baby because he was so young. He was first buried in a nearby cemetery, later moved to a major Pacific cemetery, but finally he rests beside his father, who survived WWI with PTSD, in Fly-over country,

His whole family lived in our small town, but I did not realize until recently that they were kinfolk. My father was very protective of his sister, and that PTSD husband use to hit her, so dad didn't even tell us they were our cousins.

Here in Mexico, the Marines are also the shock troops. And, they never admit one of them was killed in a battle with the cartels.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread