Mason Pin

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
It's a Masonic pin alright. Looks to be fairly new, less than thirty years. I do know the "seat" that it belongs to as well. Probably made of bronze , as newer masonic jewelry usually is. The greatest chance for fraternal jewelry made of precious metals are the rings and pendants. Really nice find. It has character. If you have anymore questions e mail me. Good luck & HH! Chris

Upvote 0
OP
OP
nedigger

nedigger

Sep 30, 2004
Omaha, NE
Chris,
It is such a thrill to be able to show my finds to everyone here and get helpful input that leads to identifying them as oppossed to having them just lying around in a box. The vast amount of knowledge and experience of the people on this forum could fill volumes. Although I don't think the pin is bronze, as it is a silvery/grayish color and appears to be a softer metal, I do suspect perhaps it may be pewter but again I'm not sure. I do agree that it is probably a newer pin (despite the fact I would like to think it is a 200 year old antique) since as I said it is fully intact and the hinged pin is only tarnished and not rusted. If you know the "seat" perhaps that could lead to a more positive age and identification. Thanks and HH.

Upvote 0

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
That is most likely. I would say that it is a Scottish Rite kilt pin. I have said the same thing about this site. Coinshooter, lab rat and a whole lotta others have helped me out a bunch. The reason for the internet is to share information and ideas. I love it when I get knowledge instead of the garbage that many other sites have. Thanks for the update and HH! Chris

Upvote 0

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're welcome and thanks for the complement. That's a really cool find. We have a Scottish Rites center here in So. Cal.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread