Masonic handshake cuff link and beautiful Dandy Button and other finds on Cape Cod

Cape Hunter

May 17, 2019
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have a number of interesting finds including this Masonic cuff link. I have found them before with the classic logo but never one with the secret hand shake. No luck finding the other half. Looks to be made of pewter or tombac.

Found this killer dandy button just yesterday. Missing the shank but was a real surprise upon cleaning to reveal a checker board pattern with the gold gilding still in place. Would like to have seen that vest in the day.

Next is a solid lead button. Was down dang deep and chalk white in the hole. Still pliable as I bent the lip back up. 1600"s maybe?

Tiny brass button with horse and rider? Maybe military?

Early pewter star button.

Small brass with grape vine design.

complex design small star button. I'm guessing 1700's.

Brass Sargent padlock found next to a wooded trail. Can't find this design online. So not sure of the date. Has a copper wire coming out of the key hole. Looks like someone tried to pick it one time lol. Missing the top latch, ripped out or maybe rusted away?

Last is this star suspender strap buckle. Found at a home site where I found two Civil war era buttons. But this looks in such good shape. Maybe it's much later. Many thanks for looking!

Attachments

• masonic handshake cuff link.jpg
    masonic handshake cuff link.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 93
  • masonic cuff link back.jpg
    masonic cuff link back.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 48
  • checker button front.jpg
    checker button front.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 34
  • checker button back.jpg
    checker button back.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 37
  • lead button front.jpg
    lead button front.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 32
  • lead button back.jpg
    lead button back.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 39
  • small horse button.jpg
    small horse button.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 32
  • star pewter button.jpg
    star pewter button.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 33
  • small button grapes.jpg
    small button grapes.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 34
  • star button.jpg
    star button.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 37
  • padlock 1.jpg
    padlock 1.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 35
  • padlock back.jpg
    padlock back.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 30
  • star suspender buckle.jpg
    star suspender buckle.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 28
  • star suspender buckle back.jpg
    star suspender buckle back.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 47
Upvote 24

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have a number of interesting finds including this Masonic cuff link. I have found them before with the classic logo but never one with the secret hand shake. No luck finding the other half. Looks to be made of pewter or tombac.

Found this killer dandy button just yesterday. Missing the shank but was a real surprise upon cleaning to reveal a checker board pattern with the gold gilding still in place. Would like to have seen that vest in the day.

Next is a solid lead button. Was down dang deep and chalk white in the hole. Still pliable as I bent the lip back up. 1600"s maybe?

Brass Sargent padlock found next to a wooded trail. Can't find this design online. So not sure of the date. Has a copper wire coming out of the key hole. Looks like someone tried to pick it one time lol. Missing the top latch, ripped out or maybe rusted away?

Last is this star suspender strap buckle. Found at a home site where I found two Civil war era buttons. But this looks in such good shape. Maybe it's much later. Many thanks for looking!
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!!

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cape Hunter, Congrat's on some Great Saves. I like the Masonic cufflink, but All are very nice. Well Done.

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

very cool mix of stuff super liking the patina on the horse button wtg

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good selection of buttons & a cuff-link type I've no seen before - congrats!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread