MASS DETECTORISTS

bowser

Feb 27, 2007
SOUTH WEYMOUTH MA.
Detector(s) used
PRISM11 MXT IDX PRO TESORO COMPARDRE T2 se
Primary Interest:
Other
I have noticed that a lot of mass people on the forum spend little time on this portion of it, we all have something in common and enjoy the hobby i was wondering where you all live and your favorite detector.You don't have to be exact in your location an area would be fine .I myself am living in a tent at the former South Weymouth Naval Air Station.The main reason for this post is are you finding it more difficult to hunt in public places such as schools and beaches.I know that that some town conservation lands have become off limits Your comments and knowledge of these might be hepful to us all Thanks Jim

Beepbeep13

Mar 15, 2014
MA, South Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Thanks Big Boy Hobbies) Makro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does your tent have heat Bowser? Hehe.

I have not noticed a change and have never been bothered

Channon

Feb 8, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm down in New Bedford. I sport an AT Pro and I'm waiting for my new CORS Scout coil to come in Thursday. I can't wait to swing that thing. I know as of right now you can still detect on coastal and inland beaches controlled by DCR. They tried passing a bill or whatever to ban it a couple years ago and it failed

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey there Bowser,

I've not noticed any increased scrutiny when I'm out hunting with my AT-Pro. Occasionally I'll be approached by a curious dog-walker or jogger, but that's about it. I've never been chased off by the local authorities, but then again, I work pretty hard at keeping a low profile.
I've been loving our weather up until very recently. I was able to get out digging throughout most of January, and was happy with my finds. The recent snow, and forcast zero degree temps are bumming me out. I hope the groundhog was right about an early Spring! HH

Rhode Hog

Jun 22, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
I have noticed that a lot of mass people on the forum spend little time on this portion of it, we all have something in common and enjoy the hobby i was wondering where you all live and your favorite detector.You don't have to be exact in your location an area would be fine .I myself am living in a tent at the former South Weymouth Naval Air Station.The main reason for this post is are you finding it more difficult to hunt in public places such as schools and beaches.I know that that some town conservation lands have become off limits Your comments and knowledge of these might be hepful to us all Thanks Jim
Hi Jim it's going below zero this weekend,maybe you should move your tent into the blimp hangar?

OP
OP
bowser

bowser

Feb 27, 2007
SOUTH WEYMOUTH MA.
Detector(s) used
PRISM11 MXT IDX PRO TESORO COMPARDRE T2 se
Primary Interest:
Other
I would but that's where they store all those black helicopters and suvs

Top Member Reactions