MASSIVE GOLD FOUND in a Tiny Hole - Would you Crawl in Here?

WildernessAU

Dec 25, 2009
I gopher my way into a tiny hole in the ground and find a huge gold vein!
This is what gold mining adventure is all about!
We take some samples from the vein and crush them to see if the ore contains any free milling gold.
This area has produced large amounts of gold in the past and will certainly produce more in the future.
Would you go in the hole?

Upvote 10

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
OH HECK YEA!!!!!!!! But the only problem is that I wouldn't be able to get out unless you tied that rope around my legs and pulled me back out ! and then I'd be having my pockets full of samples and I'd be like the monkey with his hand in the cookie jar !:laughing7::dontknow: think about the potential of that material that is out where you can get to it and run some of that through your crusher to get a fine crush on it and run that across a sluice . NO RISK of the tunnel collapsing on you! I'd have to think real hard about going into that tunnel without anybody there incase of a problem and NO HELP THERE! GREAT video ! now go get that gold !

Last edited:

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gopher my way into a tiny hole in the ground and find a huge gold vein!
This is what gold mining adventure is all about!
We take some samples from the vein and crush them to see if the ore contains any free milling gold.
This area has produced large amounts of gold in the past and will certainly produce more in the future.
Would you go in the hole?

Great video brother! I’ve enjoyed many of your videos. Thanks for keeping us up to date.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Once I saw how it opened up...yeah, I'd probably go in there (back when
I was younger).

As you said..it's sketchy. What was the history of that area..did they
let the claims lapse?

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great! I prefer seeing native gold more than gold bars. :coffee2:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watched all the video, looks like fun!

OP
OP
W

WildernessAU

Dec 25, 2009
OH HECK YEA!!!!!!!! But the only problem is that I wouldn't be able to get out unless you tied that rope around my legs and pulled me back out ! and then I'd be having my pockets full of samples and I'd be like the monkey with his hand in the cookie jar !:laughing7::dontknow: think about the potential of that material that is out where you can get to it and run some of that through your crusher to get a fine crush on it and run that across a sluice . NO RISK of the tunnel collapsing on you! I'd have to think real hard about going into that tunnel without anybody there incase of a problem and NO HELP THERE! GREAT video ! now go get that gold !
Hehe, you're absolutely right Russ. The dump piles outside the entrance can definitely be worked safely and to show color. Curiosity frequently gets the better of me as I just need to know what is left inside! The lure of a real Bonanza is strong, hehe.

OP
OP
W

WildernessAU

Dec 25, 2009
Once I saw how it opened up...yeah, I'd probably go in there (back when
I was younger).

As you said..it's sketchy. What was the history of that area..did they
let the claims lapse?
It's actually a quite rich area with many of the workings showing free milling gold. Trouble is that the area is patented nearly solid. This particular claim zone was worked way back and somewhat recently but never went through the patenting process. Now, it is once again a valid federal mining claim.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread