May 1, 2022: Treasure Coast Treasure Divers Seminar

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Sunday, May 1, the day after the Cookout, I'll be putting on the 2nd Treasure Diver's Seminar. This will be on the same grounds at the Pennwood Motor Lodge.
We will be getting started at 930 AM and should wrap it up at about 4 PM. (ish)
Speakers include:
Richard Sites - Treasure salvage of the Maravilla 1974 and other topics.
Rob Westrick - Archaeologist and wreck salvor extraordinaire!
Captain Mike Penninger will give us some insight on dig boat operation, management and safety.
Bob Sharp is a DAN instructor and will be addressing the particular sorts of accidents and incidents that can occur on a dig boat and how to deal with them and provide first aid.
Captain Josh Fisher Abt - Josh will be discussing boat and metal detecting operations.
I (Bill Black) will talk at the opening of the festivities.
I hope to have one more speaker to round out the day, hopefully about artifact preservation and conservation.
Question and answer session if time allows.
$30 admission. If you can't afford the admission, then we'll figure out something. :) I'd like everyone to be able to attend. If you feel like making a donation over and above, it will go toward being able to do the Symposium in the fall.
I look forward to seeing as many folks attend as possible. It'll be a very interesting program, I believe.
Thanks and I'll see you this weekend!!!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi ropesfish: It sure would be nice if someone could video this event and then possibly sell DVD's of it. I sure would be interested in purchasing one :) Good luck also
'

whydahdiver

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi ropesfish: It sure would be nice if someone could video this event and then possibly sell DVD's of it. I sure would be interested in purchasing one :) Good luck also
'
Speaking of the treasure coast, the 1715 fleet is what
drew Sam Bellamy to Florida. The Whydah sank this day 1717!

WD

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last job I had, for 5 1/2 years working in a boat factory (am now in my early retirement phase). Once they had me help on a boat was custom for a river in a western state. It had a square super thick glass window (on boat bottom) for search and rescue team with divers. Think it ordered special by fire dept. to look for people maybe had drowned. I know how unsafe boats can be working on the line (the boats being pushed, before you are read). They moved me around a lot, to various stations, on the line. Can imagine the need for safety on a dig boat.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread