Maybe a Stone Corral

skyhawk1251

Nov 9, 2018
Kingman, AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Using Google Earth, I've spotted what looks like a stacked-stone structure with circular walls (first image). The structure is inside the red box (second image). The third image is a zoomed screenshot. The structure is too large in diameter and the walls are too high to be an arrastra. I see this as a possible stone corral. The GPS coordinates are included in two of the images.

002.png

001.png

003.png

Last edited:

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Using Google Earth, I've spotted what looks like a stacked-stone structure with circular walls (first image). The structure is inside the red box (second image). The third image is a zoomed screenshot. The structure is too large in diameter and the walls are too high to be an arrastra. I see this as a possible stone corral. The GPS coordinates are included in two of the images.

View attachment 2021380

View attachment 2021381

View attachment 2021382
Isn’t there an LDM clue, that has something to do with the ruins of an old corral.

I don’t remember, maybe not an LDM clue.
Maybe someone other than Waltz?

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
I am remembering something about … on the way to the mine, passing by the ruins of an old corral?
About 1/4 mile from the mine?

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
I am remembering something about … on the way to the mine, passing by the ruins of an old corral?
About 1/4 mile from the mine?
The reason I ask, is because not quite 500 yards away from an interesting spot, is what looks like could be ruins of an old corral, with 2 sections.
What else could that 2 section rectangle be?
1B915ECF-0C7D-40CA-9CD5-A3611E82CFF9.jpeg

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The reason I ask, is because not quite 500 yards away from an interesting spot, is what looks like could be ruins of an old corral, with 2 sections.
Arizona at one time was the goat capital of the world. Specifically Angora goats, raised for their mohair (goats don't have wool).

When raising goats or sheep you need a pen (not corral) for rounding up and treating the livestock. This is done twice a year at which time the goats are dipped, marked, males are cut and hair is sheared. The goats are rounded up from the range into the larger pen by trained dogs and as the goats are individually treated they are moved one by one through the smaller "pinch pen" for handling. The shearing was done on large wooden boards after the goats were dipped, marked and cut.

You now have glimpsed a tiny bit of my youthful summers. :thumbsup:

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Arizona at one time was the goat capital of the world. Specifically Angora goats, raised for their mohair (goats don't have wool).

When raising goats or sheep you need a pen (not corral) for rounding up and treating the livestock. This is done twice a year at which time the goats are dipped, marked, males are cut and hair is sheared. The goats are rounded up from the range into the larger pen by trained dogs and as the goats are individually treated they are moved one by one through the smaller "pinch pen" for handling. The shearing was done on large wooden boards after the goats were dipped, marked and cut.

You now have glimpsed a tiny bit of my youthful summers. :thumbsup:
Clay,
I wouldn’t have considered goats, but just for some kind of animals in general. I visualized that “pen” or whatever it may have been, as a makeshift field enclosure, for some purpose, perhaps even animals brought along for food perhaps, for a larger encampment in the vacinity.
Marsh valley is close by. Discoveries of other signs of happenings in the vacinity can start to paint a picture.

But, you may be spot on 🤓
On this sort of thing, I’m just inquiring, and glad for the input 👍

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2072659
Hello Idahodutch

I knew about this spot long time ago. Was a miner's camp for crushing and sorting gold ore. If you look closer, you will see few arrastras inside the shape you mentioned , and few outside the shape.
Imho, the ore was not from the spot you believe is the LDM, but from few other gold mines in the vicinity.

Last edited:

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
🤓👍
There you have it.
Three thoughts, three different answers.

I thought some sort of old animal corral, Clay said a goat pen, and markmar said a work camp for processing ore.
😛

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Idahodutch

I knew about this spot long time ago. Was a miner's camp for crushing and sorting gold ore. If you look closer, you will see few arrastras inside the shape you mantioned , and few outside the shape.
Imho, the ore was not from the spot you believe is the LDM, but from few other gold mines in the vicinity.
Markmar,
Your fixation with me and my search is getting little creepy.
Just saying 🥸

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Markmar,
Your fixation with me and my search is getting little creepy.
Just saying 🥸
I wrote the ore was not from the place you believe is the LDM. There could be another arrastras which could work the ore from your research spot.
You are too defensive. Just relax , go to the spot with the arrastras from the GE image , and if you are lucky maybe you will be able to see some gold in these mountains.

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
I wrote the ore was not from the place you believe is the LDM. There could be another arrastras which could work the ore from your research spot.
You are too defensive. Just relax , go to the spot with the arrastras from the GE image , and if you are lucky maybe you will be able to see some gold in these mountains.
Markmar,
If you are wanting to pick a fight, it certainly shows.
I don’t think this is the sort of entertainment Treasure Net has in mind.
Your remarks are like vomit 🤮
Please take it elsewhere.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread