✅ SOLVED Medallion with knight on horseback

wandrews

May 30, 2011
Central Georgia, USA
Detector(s) used
White's Di Pro 5900
Hello everyone,

I found this 2 3/8 inch diameter medallion on a local farm site several years ago. I have shown it to several people including one "expert". No one seems to be able to help identify this piece. As you can see from the images, the medallion depicts a knight on horseback. It appears to be made of an inexpensive metal and has a hole at top for attaching it to something. I don't see any words or letters displayed any where. Any ideas?

Thank you.

Attachments

• Front of medallion with ruler.JPG
    Front of medallion with ruler.JPG
    661 KB · Views: 105
  • Front of medallion.JPG
    Front of medallion.JPG
    940.4 KB · Views: 157
  • Back of medallion.JPG
    Back of medallion.JPG
    844.7 KB · Views: 182

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
could have come from a Champaign cork top that somebody flattened out. would it be the correct size for that ?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

wandrews

May 30, 2011
Central Georgia, USA
Detector(s) used
White's Di Pro 5900
Hmmm... Don't know. I admittedly do not know a lot about champagne, but I think the metal, although thin, is a bit too sturdy for that. It was bent almost at a 90 degree angle when I found it several years ago and I straightened it out. It took a bit of force to straighten. I have considered a number of possibilities ranging from a tag on a bag of King Arthur flour to inexpensive uniform decoration for a local fraternal order. I'll keep on looking. Thanks for your suggestion!

Upvote 0

Got_4by4

Feb 9, 2009
Treasure Valley Id
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, White's IDX/Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't agree that it is a knight on horse back, wearing a dress? Looks more like a damsel. Or perhaps a Queen or king. in ref to the crown above.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

wandrews

May 30, 2011
Central Georgia, USA
Detector(s) used
White's Di Pro 5900
Duh... I should have realized the figure looked more like a damsel or king/queen. Thank you Got_4by4 for pointing that out. And thank you Bramblefind for bringing that thread forward. I agree the the item in the older thread is almost identical to mine. I think we can declare this one solved. Thanks again.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread