Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to the grocery store to buy some bread today but the solitary staffed checkout line was a mile long and the whole self-checkout system was broken. Not wishing to spend an hour attempting to buy an 87 cent loaf of bread I decided to not even bother. On my way out of the dysfunctional store I noticed Mr. Coinstar had a hand full of coins waiting for me:
20221009_191550.jpg

Clearly just a bunch of crusty old zinc pennies but I took them anyway just to be sure.

I forgot about the handful of crusty pennies for about an hour when I took them out of my pocket to finally assess what I had found, and to my suprise this is what I saw:
20221009_145054.jpg

A San Fran 1943 Merc sitting face up among the gross pennies.
20221009_145113.jpg

Upvote 18

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to the grocery store to buy some bread today but the solitary staffed checkout line was a mile long and the whole self-checkout system was broken. Not wishing to spend an hour attempting to buy an 87 cent loaf of bread I decided to not even bother. On my way out of the dysfunctional store I noticed Mr. Coinstar had a hand full of coins waiting for me:
View attachment 2049880

Clearly just a bunch of crusty old zinc pennies but I took them anyway just to be sure.

I forgot about the handful of crusty pennies for about an hour when I took them out of my pocket to finally assess what I had found, and to my suprise this is what I saw:
View attachment 2049875
A San Fran 1943 Merc sitting face up among the gross pennies.
View attachment 2049878
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

OP
OP
UnderMiner

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am glad someone does ok at the coinstar machines
Not as good as that T-net user who found a gold sovereign in there the other day. Imagine finding a 150 year old gold coin in a return slot! That post inspired me to look more frequently! πŸ₯³πŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ‘‘πŸ₯³

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not as good as that T-net user who found a gold sovereign in there the other day. Imagine finding a 150 year old gold coin in a return slot! That post inspired me to look more frequently! πŸ₯³πŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ‘‘πŸ₯³
150 YEAR OLD GOLD SOVEREIGN WOW !! FANTASTIC maybe i I will have to start checking them better
that is an AMAZING find in there

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread