Metal Detecting 4th of July

D

DeSotoTreasur42

With 4th of July coming up I am finally going to have time to do some metal detecting. My grandparents own two huge strips of river front property, one of them I know used to have an old cabin on it but i don't think there was ever anything built on th other strip. The strip with the cabin has one fairly new bulldozed trail and the other strip is riddled with fairly new bulldozed trails. My family is about to build on both strips so i really need to start detecting. If anyone would recommend some techniques or the best places to hunt on these lands or anything you can think of, please tell me. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
DeSotoTreasur42

Fredneck

May 7, 2005
Detector(s) used
GPX 5000, ORX, White's XLT, AT Gold for Fresh Water
If the site is not too trashy, dig all readings. River edges have history that goes as far back as the American Stone age. On the bulldozed area's , use your eyes as well, looking for signs you can see clay pipe, pottery pieces or glass, which could be enough to slow you down to investigate more thoroughly. Good luck....hope you find some American history on her Birthday.

Dave

P

PrizmIV

Va Dave is right look for the pottery and glass but as first hand help here there is so much trash its unbelievable. Also In my hunts along rivers and lakes I find very little coins. Mostly relics.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread