Metal Detecting Business Cards

wazari

Feb 12, 2007
South Carolina
Hi, i am new to Metal Detecting. I bought a Whites Priszm II and have been practicing with
it. Learning how to swing the coil and how to dig a proper plug.
I would like to get some cards printed up to give to landowners. I would like the cards to have a Detecting theme. I would appreciate any suggestions as to content, icons, or layout
for these cards. I am not very creative, so i really don't know where to start.
If there is anyone that has their own cards,i would like to see them.

Thanks

Don

Upvote 0

kevino1960

Oct 22, 2006
West Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark Fisher 1265X
Welcome to the forum Wazari! This is the card I use, created it using Broderbund Print Shop. You can purchase this program or one similar just about anywhere (Best Buy, Target, the evil Wal-Mart, etc.) Good luck. Kevin

Attachments

• kevbuscard.gif
    kevbuscard.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 6,334
T

TreasureTales

Welcome to TreasureNet. We're glad you've joined us here.

I can understand the convenience a card might provide. All the information a landowner might want is right on one little piece of paper...very convenient for you and the landowner. Certainly you want your name and phone number on the card. I'd include my PO Box, but not my street address just because I don't like getting robbed of my treasures (don't laugh, it happened to me). You might want to have a little saying on the card, too. Something about your philosophy about private property. Something like: I'll respect your property more than I respect my own." You get the idea. Or one or two of the pledges made in the Metal Detectorist's Code of Ethics -- the ones that apply to private property.

As far as a design or logo, that might depend on what you like to hunt for. Are you into coins, relics, gold nuggets, jewelry, civil war, any speciality at all? Find out what you like, then the logo might be easier to determine.

Next, you can practice designing your cards on any of the online websites that make business cards. You can find a website that let's you experiment with design and layout without requiring you to buy from them if you don't want to.

Please be sure to look at the left side of this window...see my warning label? It says: I GIVE ADVICE -- take it or leave it. I give advice, it's up to you to ignore it or use some or all of it. Have fun and welcome to the great adventure known as metal detecting.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is mine. I did it in MS Publisher. Used card stock for business cards I got from Staples.

Ed D.

Attachments

• Business Card Paper 1 side EXP II.jpg
    Business Card Paper 1 side EXP II.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 4,502

Recruiter

Oct 13, 2006
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Ed, Jeff of Pa

Where did you get the clip art of the detectors? Mine looks real cheezy.

Thanks

Earl

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recruiter said:
Ed, Jeff of Pa

Where did you get the clip art of the detectors? Mine looks real cheezy.

Thanks

Earl

I took a Western & Eastern Treasures Magazine along to the Printer
Left them decide what detector pic in it would look best.

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wrote one up for convenience...property owners, cops, etc. might see you as more "legitimate" when you hand it to them.

HH!
TBGO

Attachments

• Bus_Card.jpg
    Bus_Card.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 6,376

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice card TBGO. Earl I got the Minelab EXP II picture from the website. The picture saved as a JPG them I faded it with a Photo suite program. As long as I don't sell the picture I should be fine with using it.

Ed D.

OP
OP
W

wazari

Feb 12, 2007
South Carolina
Nice cards. Thanks for sharing them with me. I am in the process of designing my own
now. I will post it when i get finished.

Don

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's mine. I did it at an online site where you only pay shipping.

Attachments

• scan.jpg
    scan.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 3,394

wolfmanjoe3

Dec 28, 2006
Utah
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Nice cards guys. I've been thinking about creating one for myself. Hope you don't mind if I borrow a few ideas also.

Thanks,
Joe

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Here's mine. I made it a few days ago. So far 3 people have asked me for my card this month.
Now I have one. ;)
Metalcard.jpg
I found that Ike dollar a few weeks ago.

Ridley

Ahunter

Feb 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett's
Extremely good ideas!!! I'll have to make one up for cache hunting. I knew there was a reason I liked this forum best.

basstrackerman

Feb 15, 2007
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just ordered some cards myself. been asked before for one but never had one to give. thanks guys!!

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
http://www.vistaprint.com/vp/ns/studio3.aspx?icparts=yes&cfs=-1&pf_id=064&combo_id=4298&combo1=904.100.18.11339|11339|137|0&gallery_id=53

You can get some ideas on business card layout from the above link. You may not be able to get a detector on the card, but there are some free cards available at this site. You have to pay the shipping.

The other option is to make your own at home. There is software out there that will let you design you own and business card stock is available from you local office supply store.

That should get you started.

The cards do come in handy. Many people will ask you about your hobby and you can tell them that you are available to find personal lost items. You never know what may develop from such contacts. As long as they have your card you have a potential future site to hunt.

Happy Hunting

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All this talk about cards has got me thinking. So I tried a new layout, put the detector in the background and added my address.

The first one is the older card, the second one is the new one. Which do you like better?

Ed D.

Attachments

35.6 KB · Views: 3,105
    35.6 KB · Views: 2,850
  • New card.jpg
    New card.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 2,839
T

TreasureTales

Yo, Ed, I think your first (older) card is easier to read. The metal detector in the background of the second card makes it hard to read the writing. May I suggest a smaller detector in the background, or a smalled detector in one corner, or a smaller detector in the center with the text above and below it? HAHAHA, I violate every rule of business card design with my own cards so I shouldn't be making suggests!

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureTales,

Actually the picture may make the detector look darker. When printed on my card stock it is not as detracting. But I will print a few and adjust as the masses tell me. I aim to please, you don,t want to piss off a potential detecting site owner.

Ed D.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions