🙈. Metal Detecting can HURT! 🙈

Riverbum

Jul 13, 2011
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've dug into Bumble bee nest, Big ones as fat a your thumb with the large yellow strip across its back, but lucky enough NOT to get hit by one. A few of them seem to like living in the ground

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beware of Hornets, as this guy found out.

Oh man!! I was digging a lot about a year ago when I suddenly realized it was a ground wasp Net. While I got stung by a couple of them I’ll never forget the landowners face being surprised that an old man can somehow run a 100 meters in 10 flat. Lol

gettothepoints

Tenderfoot
Apr 29, 2022
PA
I've dug into Bumble bee nest, Big ones as fat a your thumb with the large yellow strip across its back, but lucky enough NOT to get hit by one. A few of them seem to like living in the ground
Those might actually be “cicada killers”as they are called and aren’t harmful and can’t sting. Still freak me out though.

Jamie Rullestad

Dec 3, 2020
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a neighbor just to the north of me that got into a mess of them a few years ago.

He’s older, around 82, and was walking some timber to drive a few steel posts before turning his cattle out to pasture.

He was stung over 120 times, and the venom alone nearly killed him. He was in ICU for about a week. He now has to go through dialysis every other day due to the damaging effects to his kidneys.

This is a good reminder for many of us, now older, that can’t move as fast as we used to. I really don’t know how I’d get out of something like this without at least a few stings.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
full

was on a large relic hunt at civil war spot - was wearing my CZ21 on chest mount
trip on old barbwire that was under leaves - landed on sharp branches of dead tree
branch hit box first nd saved me from puncturing my heart

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread